Large lag spike caused by world saving?

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by SirTak, May 15, 2019.

1. I'm currently on Spigot 1.14.1 Build: git-Spigot-8043ebc-f690957 and my server is experiencing large lag spikes from time to time. Also it's consuming a lot more memory than expected. With 10 people on it's using > 4 gb of memory. Not too sure if that's normal. Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Timings:
    https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=ohamunikac

Plugins:
    Code (Text):
    - LuckPerms
    - CreeperControl
    - WorldEdit
    - WorldGuard
    - LogBlock
    - Vault
    - ProtocolLib
    - DiscordSRV
    - Essentials
    - Rankup
    - HorseTpWithMe
    - Craftbook
    - ShopChest

2. It is minecraft 1.14 causing your lag spikes while saving. Minecraft 1.14 is new and hasn't had all the bugs worked out yet. There isn't really anything we can do about it. You can pregen your world which would remove some of the stress, but it still will be laggy while saving.
    Best of luck.

3. How would I go about pregenerating the world? Is there a tool for that?

4. The plugin worldborder is the best one I've used to pregen worlds. It had an issue where it would crash the server after some time, but I don't know if they have fixed it with an update.

5. That was fixed some time ago, but as for MC 1.14.x I don't know if the issue has re-appeared.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I will have to agree on this, 1.14.x is not only the newest release but full of bugs, glitches and errors. Best to avoid it for now tell they patch it again.