last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Help' started by CCCCarsten, May 16, 2017.

1. BungeeCord version git:BungeeCord-Bootstrap:1.11-SNAPSHOT:806a6df:1231

Hi!

I have kilometers of warnings in my proxy logfile. Can somebody help and tell me what this means?

---------------
    01:30:12 [SEVERE] May 16, 2017 1:30:12 AM io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline onUnhandledInboundException

WARNING: An exceptionCaught() event was fired, and it reached at the tail of the pipeline. It usually means the last handler in the pipeline did not handle the exception.
    io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: accept(..) failed: Too many open files
    at io.netty.channel.unix.Errors.newIOException(Errors.java:117)
    at io.netty.channel.unix.Socket.accept(Socket.java:263)
    at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollServerChannel$EpollServerSocketUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollServerChannel.java:129)
    at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:394)
    at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:299)
    at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    ---------------

Thanks.

Ciao, Carsten

2. electronicboy

IRC Staff

io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: accept(..) failed: Too many open files

you need to increase the number of maximum files you can have open, specifically how you do this is dependent on your distro and what user you're using for everything

3. Thanks. Unfortunately I am hosted by mc-host24.de. What can I say mc-host24.de --> which file they should edit?

4. electronicboy

IRC Staff

They should know how to fix that one, if not; I'd suggest moving to a provider who actually has people capable of basic system administration...

5. Well,
    if you have any plugins installed on your BunngeeCord then its possible that one of them is a litlebit buggy and opens find without closing them. Generally should it be possible to let 1000 players playing on a single BungeeCord without any issues or errors.