1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Bug Lava makeing its own sorces

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by jeff142, May 31, 2013.

1. jeff142

Benefactor

I was playing on stormofblocks.co.uk useing lava to make a lake into stone for a flat place to build.
    well i loged off and back in, and randomly some flowing lava becomes lava sorces.

This got me wondering, so i downloaded

http://ci.md-5.net/job/Spigot/lastS...-Server/target/spigot-1.5.2-R0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

placed flowing lava all over with 1 source block, loged in and out, and did save-all about 5 times and out of about 200 flowing lava, 4 turned to sorces, on latest spigot, no plugins.

2. jeff142

Benefactor

Went and tryed this in git-Bukkit-1.5.2-R0.1-1-g53734d2-b2779jnks (MC: 1.5.2) (latest as of post)

And i cant make lava dupe like i can in spigot

3. I'm pretty sure your problem is related to/the same as this.

4. jeff142

Benefactor

Bug stands, seting aggregate ticks to 1 dose seam to fix it, but default setting are set to be buged.

5. Wut... Time to mess with my servers again.. Yay
    [Edit] What sub-server was this on? Just wondering

6. jeff142

Benefactor

factions

7. Puremin0rez

Change aggregate chunk ticks to 1.

To be honest, anything higher just creates random bugs. I had lots of water source block issues and Lighting issues appear to be an issue with aggregate chunk ticks being set to 4 for me, any worldedit that replaces blocks and then undoing that via worldedit will leave the lighting values of the worldedit structure you just pasted. It doesn't happen when set to 1.

TLDR: Aggregate Chunk Ticks causes random issues -> set it to 1

Is Aggregate chunk ticks a huge CPU saving feature to justify the random issues it brings to the table?
    Maybe a default of 1 (vanilla) would be nice... md_5

8. jeff142

Benefactor

Indeed, this is not a "bug" but maybe a miss-stock configuration imo.

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

We are probably going to remove it.

10. jeff142

Benefactor

Well its vary annoying, it happens with water also, but lava seamed more common.
    Id love to see it go.

11. Bestle

Patron

I hope you dont mean removing aggregate ticking completely?

12. PhanaticD

Patron

maybe make it work right instead of remove it :S

13. jeff142

Benefactor

Wasn't my server BTW.

I was playing on stormofblocks.co.uk

14. joehot200

Supporter

Confirming bug, if i destroy the original lava source there seems to be about 4 more already generated.

15. I have confirmed that disabling aggregate ticking does not fix this bug. It just makes it appear less often. I have pistons making water sources flow or not flow once per minute, and after a few hours, about half of the 64 water sources have created dupes of themselves. To be fair, all 64 did it within half an hour with 4x aggregation.