Leaves Decay

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by emanon, Jan 28, 2017.

1. im attemping to set a leaves block as a block that shouldn't be able to decay

here is my code

//1
    @EventHandler(priority=EventPriority.MONITOR)
    public static void LeavesDecayEvent(org.bukkit.event.block.LeavesDecayEvent event){

((Leaves) event.getBlock().getState().getData()).setDecayable(false);
    event.setCancelled(true);

}

//2
    @EventHandler(priority=EventPriority.MONITOR)
    public static void LeavesDecayEvent(org.bukkit.event.block.LeavesDecayEvent event){

Block b = event.getBlock();
    b.getState().setData(
    new Leaves(
    b.getType(),
    ((Leaves) b.getState()).getSpecies(),
    false
    ));
    }

on the first attemp the code stops the event but it doesn't set the not-decayable flag

on the second attemp i get an exception:
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.Leaves

what's the mistake?

2. How about
    Code (Java):
    @EventHandler
    public void onLeaveDecay(LeavesDecayEvent e) {
        e.setCancelled(true);
    }
    ?

3. thats a way to deny the event, but it will loop. i want to stop the event from being called again and again for the same block.

4. Not possible if you dont modify spigot itself

5. i solved it with deprecated metods, so i guess must be there a way to do it with new methods too

@EventHandler(priority=EventPriority.NORMAL)

byte d = event.getBlock().getData();
    event.getBlock().setData((byte) (d%4));

}

• Like Like x 1
  6. While searching the internet for the same thing I found your post but also a way to do this with the new methods, so yes you're right there is a way and you actually were quite close:
    You only made a small mistake: Leaves is a Subinterface of MaterialData not of BlockState. Thats why you get a Exception.
    To solve this change ((Leaves) b.getState()).getSpecies() to ((Leaves) b.getState.getData()).getSpecies().

I hope I could help although my answer is a bit late...

• Like Like x 1