Suggestion Let us report reviews again

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by 4chan, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4chan

Supporter

:(
    [​IMG]

if yoo get lotz of reports
    maybe there's a problem
    and you gotz to fix dat problem
    not remove reportz

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It's pretty arrogant to tell them that they didn't fix the problem the correct way, yet not suggest a better alternative.

In the Spigot team's mind, they just reduced 75% of the reports they get because of angry developers who think a fair review is unfair, so you telling them that the problem was solved incorrectly won't do anything.

If you have a better solution, by all means suggest it, but the Spigot team did what was best for them and their time. Keep in mind the people who resolve these reports are volunteers.

3. Coming from a developer standpoint, 90% of all bug reports are user error due to them not bothering to read the instructions. I once got a one star because someone thought the plugin didn't work. Turns out they didn't put the jar in the plugins folder. Recently, there was a change to BungeeCord source that caused one of my plugins to need code changes. Because the user base is split between the pre-fix and post-fix versions, every single review I have gotten in the past few months is because they chose the wrong jar file from the zip they download, even though there is a README file giving VERY clear instructions on which one to choose for which version AND huge bold text on the plugin description with the same information.

Failure to read instructions is not the fault of the developer, but denying the developer a chance to appeal unwarranted poor reviews hurts the developer in ratings and fails to address the real problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. md_5

Administrator Developer

No.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.