Let's discuss: What's the best MC host

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Gardening_Tool, Feb 15, 2020.

1. This should be fun. Feel free to start a war in the comments over this one question:

What is the best Minecraft host and plan for a server getting 20-25 people on at once, running 40-50 plugins.

I chose this question since it's pretty much the average medium sized server.

Things to take into account (not just with this thread but whenever you're doing something hosting related):
    • How serious the host is - Don't say something stupid like "this person (person) let me use their Dell Optiplex 980 with a whole 4 gigs of RAM and a first generation Intel i5-650 for just $10/mo!"
    • Hardware - Self explanatory
    • Support - A lot of hosts provide crappy support
    • DDoS protection - If they love your server, they'll hate downtime and attacks

I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say.

2. The best hosting option is managing your own vps/dedicated server.
    However I heard good things about pebblehost so I don't know

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. True, that's a good option, but it's overkill for the kind of server I said above.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Not really, there are cheap vps and you know exactly what do you get

5. Here's what's going to happen now: Everyone thinks they always make the best choices, so people are going to post saying their host is the best one. It has to be, because they chose it.

So I'll go first.

I've used Bisecthosting for over two years, and I'm very satisfied with them.

6. Do they have specs listed on their site anywhere? I can't find any

7. "What are your server specs?
    "We mostly utilize Intel Xeon CPUs, DDR4 ECC RAM and NVMe or Solid State Drives on all of our nodes. All of our nodes are monitored 24/7 to make sure none of them are overloaded, and everything is running smoothly."

My server has 24 threads (cores?) and 256 GB of RAM.

8. I've been using @mayed503 's TitanNodes service for a few months now. Was pretty suspicious at first considering it's a smaller company and whatnot, but now I'm able to say I've been very satisfied with performance. Also, their support team is pretty decent and replies usually within 30 mins - a few hours on Discord.

Specs (of my server):

cpu: intel i7-600K - 4.0 / 4.2 GHz
    ram: 12gb DDR4 - 2400 MHz
    ssd storage

they've also got 1.7 TBPS ddos protection which I'm unsure how good it is but just thought I'd mention it.

9. Didn't see that, thank you. It'd be more helpful if they specified what kind of Xeons that they use, since you can buy a well-used and older Xeon for less than $10 on eBay.

I've actually heard of TitanNodes before, somewhere on my camera roll on my phone I have a picture of their site saying "In Russia, the server hosts you" or something like that. Overall they seem pretty good, I like them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. But that's meaningless. You could have the fastest processor in the world, put 100 MC servers on it, and it will run like a 286. So the speed of the processor means nothing unless you know how many servers are running on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That's very true, I agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. oh yeah, it wasn't real it was a meme (discussion) through the Discord. It was a joke within a few clients in the past lmao.

13. Big + for your host in my opinion for the following reasons:

Good hardware (6700K)
    DDOS protection
    A sense of humor

• Like Like x 1