LG G Watch R - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by joarc, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hi!

I am currently looking to buy a LG G Watch R. Is it a good choice or should i look for someone else. I want it to have android wear, which limits the available number down. Any price.

Best Regards, Joarc.

2. I personaly think the moto 360 looks better than the LG G Watch R. But that's personal taste in the end. I have a moto 360 by the way. It's not going to change your life, but it's a convenient notification tool. It's really a gadget. Don't expect it to be life changing :)

3. The LG G Watch R is an amazing watch.

I don't use it because I prefer using an Apple Watch (I use an iPhone and Mac Book Pro) so I can connect to all my devices.

4. Maximvdw

Benefactor

I got both the moto 360 and lg g watch and lg g watch R

I would say I prefer the lg g watch (square) above the lg g watch r or moto 360.
    Unless you are very fat or have very large wrists (no offence) the moto 360 might be for you (but for me its like wearing a phone on my arm).
    I hate the battery life on the moto360 a lot, when I actually use it it fails on me, and now after ~6 months the battery is getting worse (it wears down since it needs to be charged daily)

The LG g watch r is kinda the same size as the moto360, but it looks less bulky since it has large bezels, battery life is a bit better but not great.
    I prefer the LG G watch (square one) since the battery life is just great, and it looks cool.

But the pebble time steel that will be available in july will be my next one (I still love my normal pebble)
    [​IMG]

5. So you're saying the square LG watch has a thick bezzle and because of it looks smaller?

Square watches for me personaly are a non starter. A smart watch is not only a tool, but also it needs to be eastheticaly pleasing, it's part of your gear. If you want a mini computer on your wrist, you could've went with one of those crazy casio calculator watches or whatever. I'm a traditionalist in the way i think a watch should be, and it should definately be round. Granted, batterylife is pretty bad on the moto 360. That's the price one pays for being an early adopter. We all know full well the next version is going to be 20 times better. But in terms of design, the moto is leading the forefront. Still. I think Apple really dropped the bucket since the apple watch is square, fans will get it regardless. But i think it's such a shame.

6. New The LG G Watch R is an amazing watch.

I don't use it because I prefer using an Apple Watch (I use an iPhone and Mac Book Pro) so I can connect to all my devices.

7. I have an Apple Watch too. But I think.. the time for an smart watch is not now, yet.. :p