Libigot/heroes

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Fubarp, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Anyone rewrite heroes yet to work on spigot lol..

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

3. So I tried what u told me to do and it didn't work, but i replaced heroes with the original and kept the skills that i swapped and it worked...i have to get on to make sure it works 100% but startup wise it actually worked..

(i'm amazed since i spent like 3 days once trying to get it to work..)

--edited few seconds later--
    So I joined my test server and it failed..
    http://pastebin.com/TzCLDaan

4. Also here is the error it threw me the first time when I had used interglot on heroes.jar and tried to run it..
    http://pastebin.com/wVbsB83A

----few minutes later..---

So I redid the interglot on heroes for 1 last test and this time i changed files..i placed it into the folder and no errors on start up, logged into the server no errors and did a command no errors..

I'll start editing the config and stuff to suit my needs but i can say as of right now, you can get heroes to work on spigot..

:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know this post is a few days old, but when i tried to do this with the 1.5.1 version of heroes i keep getting this error:
    http://pastebin.com/71Tmu6tK

#5 zolo20, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Can you try the latest off http://ci.herocraftonline.com/job/Heroes/
    I hope heroes hasn't put in more measures to break Spigot support.

7. No difference

8. md_5

Administrator Developer

<insert mad face here>
    I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yup they broke it, likely on purpose.

9. Oh... So i guess that's it for heroes on my server :/. Thanks for the help

10. md_5

Administrator Developer

I'm working on patching it now.

11. Oh ok then ill check back in a few hours, Thanks a lot

12. md_5

Administrator Developer

Sorry, looks like you will have to live without heroes. They are bent on making people use their shitty Spigot repoff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. From my experience Heroes has always been more on their own with their plugins, feels like they just put them out there for others to use if they want but don't really care if you do or not. (I don't know if that's true, just how I perceive it). Which is their full right of course, I would have done the same.

If they're moving on from bukkit and focusing more and their own thing you may want to reconsider using it on your server, unless you have plugin devs to support you. Ancient RPG looks to be filling the gap, but it is still in beta. Look for their dev builds.

14. Well then, thanks for all your help and the quick responses

15. Ill check it out thank you.

16. That's about right. Check back in 1.5 - Heroes may be working then for Slow-bukkit :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I always wanted to add one of those RPG plugins to my server, but every time I go to download it and I see 1mb+ it scares the heck out of me. :oops:

18. Favorlock

Sponsor

Just use Libigot. Unless you have a compatibility issue with it it'll work just fine with most plugins. Only one I experienced a problem with was the latest version of PEX.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. md_5

Administrator Developer

Just don't use Libigot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Favorlock

Sponsor

The previous version of PEX works just fine with Libigot and so does every other plugin I've used. Personally I switched to bPerms simply because I like the features better. There is nothing wrong with Libigot in my opinion. It makes Heroes works and is compatible with a plugin as long as that plugin doesn't completely disable on an a version of bukkit it can't determine.