License vs spigot rules ?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by cocoraid, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Hey I would like to release a premium plugin using citizens as depency.
    However this is against spigot rules:
    • Resources must not depend on other premium resources.

And here is author's answer:

And I can see some other plugin using citizens without question:
    https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/robbery-bank-heists-store-robberies-more-1-12-1-15.62739/

So what's your opinion for this topic.
    Thank's !

2. [​IMG]

3. Citizens does provide a free link on that page:

[​IMG]

I can't see this being a big issue. But you are probably better off to ask a staff member.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. I would hope that a member answers me here :)
    And I want to be sure because I have been striked several times for less than that lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

I’d say all is well, and it’s fine to use it. In this case, the “premium” aspect is only being harnessed to use the download button as a mere donation button. The plugin itself is free for public download, so I don’t see any rule violation here.

I guess the rules could be slightly refactored to be less ambiguous in cases where premium aspect isn’t being used as it’s intended to be used.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I would like to assume that the rule you linked means premium resource A is released, then you want to release premium resource B which is dependent on resource A. This wouldn't be allowed - though that may be some exeptions that were grandfathered in like token enchantments if that's still relevant today. As Citizens is a public resource, you ought to be fine.