Standalone Limbo | Standalone Server | Lightweight Solution for AFK or Waiting Rooms in your Server Network 0.5.2-ALPHA-1.17.1

1.17 Standalone Limbo Server (1.16 - 1.16.5 for older builds)

1. On first join I got this error in Demo server
    upload_2020-8-9_15-11-56.png

2. Just had a go on the demo server - this looks amazing! How much RAM would you recommend for this?

3. The issue should be fixed :)

I'm not really sure, but for your reference, I am using just 256M for the demo server. I guess 512M should definitely be good enough.

4. Does this server work with java 8 just like the normal 1.16?

5. That's amazingly small! Will definitely give it a go :>
    I imagine so. Yes.

#10 Permanently, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yes it should!

7. Trying it out right now; it works amazingly! However, I have a few queries:
    • Does using Aikar's flags make any difference when running the server? (I assume it does, but worth confirming)
    • Do you plan to add a static link that provides the latest build? (I use this script, and it has a funky update jar function)
    • Could there possibly be a middle-click function?
    • When will there be some kind of documentation for the API?
    I don't expect the suggestions to be slapped in immediately (let's be honest, this resource was posted yesterday), but it was just some ideas I thought of that could add more functionality to it. I'm honestly so amazed by this, and I can't wait for more updates :>

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1. I'm not really sure if they will make that much of a difference in something so much smaller than the actual Minecraft server. However, I could do some testing in the future.
    2. I've just created a static link! See if it works: http://api.loohpjames.com/ci/limbo/download/latest
    3. That's on my to-do list as well, still trying to figure what are the packets I need to get the middle click... :/
    4. That's definitely something I will work on, tho I am a little busy lately. Tho, I guess you can take a look at the default cmd plugin that comes with the limbo server to see how it works for the time being, it's quite similar to how you would register a bukkit plugin.

9. Cool - now I just need to get ViaVersion properly working on BungeeCord, and then I'll start using this full-time!

Edit: Seems there's an issue with BungeeCord and Via*, so I can't start using Limbo for a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#14 Permanently, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  10. When I try to start the Server I get the error "OpenJDK 64-bit Server VM Warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256M; support was removed in 8.0"

11. What startup command did you use to start the Limbo? Did it work despite that message popping up?

12. I can't connect and I'm using CloudNet v2

13. I haven't heard of CloudNet before. Is the address and port set up correctly in the server.properties?

14. CloudNet automatically changes the server.properties. It automatically changes the port.

15. But does CloudNet knows how to handle this Limbo server (which is not spigot/bukkit) ? Maybe you need to change some stuff by hand.