Spigot LimitedCreative - Dropped 1.4.2

A lightweight and configurable tool for limiting creative mode.

1. Adelemphii submitted a new resource:

LimitedCreative - A lightweight and configurable tool for limiting creative mode.

Read more about this resource...

2. instead of equipping armor to indicate creative,perhaps could you instead do an outline

3. That's a great suggestion, however I'm skeptical about adding it as the Glowing effect goes through blocks and entities, and therefore can be distracting for other players with it on.

I will consider it, and possibly in the future make it into a toggle-able feature, depending on how it works out in testing.

I went ahead and added it anyways as a configurable option, it is on Glowing by default! Thanks for the suggestion!

#3 Adelemphii, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Adelemphii, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. Adelemphii updated LimitedCreative with a new update entry:

Flying failsafe

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  6. As of now you cannot prevent players from breaking certain blocks, however I will work on that as soon as possible. As for adding features from that abandoned plugin, I'll take a peek at them and see which ones might be worth adding.

7. Adelemphii updated LimitedCreative with a new update entry:

Minor plugin rewrite, addition of blacklisted-breakables

8. Thank you for adding my requested feature!
    Here is another plugin, a paid one that you can consider as a competitor: RestrictedCreative | SpigotMC - High Performance Minecraft
    Maybe you could implement some of its features in your plugin.
    For some reason, I can't give users LC through console and when I do give it sends no message to me.
    I also managed to break blocks with a sword, which isn't a regular behavior.
    The config lacks of customizability like enabling killing while being in LC.
    I also suggest adding an option to block mob spawning with/out eggs.
    Good luck! You can bring this necessary plugin for everyone!

#15 masyn.kedar, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  9. I was trying it. Unfortunately while testing the plugin I lost my inventory when switching from Creative mode to LC mode.

#16 masyn.kedar, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  10. I'll take a look at the plugin sometime this afternoon and see the reason for that.

I've looked into this on my personal server, and it does not seem to be an issue with LimitedCreative. Perhaps try looking into any settings you have on your server, or other plugins you may use.

I'll look into adding this as a feature.

Assuming you mean the multiblock mob spawning structures (i.e. iron golem) I'll have a look into adding that.

I'm glad you have brought this to my attention as it is a rather unfortunate incident which can happen, I'll be sure to fix it in the next update!

11. Adelemphii updated LimitedCreative with a new update entry:

Minor update: New features + incident fix

12. This also happens to me and when I removed the plugin from the plugins folder it was fixed.
    This is a great plugin! Keep up!
    I thought that an ability to separate the permission to give LC to 2 permissions when 1 of them allows to only give yourself LC and the other one allows to give it to everyone - could be useful.

• Agree Agree x 1