Suggestion Live Update XenForro [Poll Added]

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by LegendBuilders, Jun 23, 2016.

?

Add Life Update?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey Spigoters
    I would love to have this add-on XenForo at Spigot. It's usefull because as we get faster notification of our Conversations or Alers.

Here is the add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-update.274/

Image example:
    [​IMG]
    Note: It will fit very well with the Spigot logo;).

You can also change the update delay into the XenForo Panel. The interval is in seconds. So setting it to 10, by default, will cause the server check for alerts every 10 seconds (Thanks to @Legoman99573 )
    [​IMG]

To all who would hate it, the Live Updater /via User side, can disable the option in preferences.
    [​IMG]

This is how the tab update works. No need for 1,000 useless favicon.ico files :) (look at the favicon of the first tab)
    [​IMG]

Best Regards
    ~ LegendBuilders

#1 LegendBuilders, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

seems like a cool addition. most ppl use a chrome addon to achieve something like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I know, but if some people doesn't want to get/install Chrome Extensions or just using another browser, will be helpful for them. Otherwise you need to press F5 the whole time ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks, adding this to my site!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. this is useful

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It is nice it will be great if there is a option off it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. saphiria

Artist

I know for a fact that Apple Safari cannot see Favicon's daily without tapping the search bar. This add-on is pointless for us Mac users. I, am just waiting for the java version of @Cldfire's Forum Notifier. I think have it show alerts in the tab would be better.

8. Yes! I don't use the chrome notifier extension since I'd rather just have the favicon change, like skype

9. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, thats the problem of your browser. displaying alters in favicons is a typical practice. if apple think that their users don't need such a feature, thats your problem. this suggestion is still useful over everybody else.

10. saphiria

Artist

I am glad I can not see it, it is an eye sore. But, why can we not have them on tabs so everyone is affected?

11. MiniDigger

Supporter

well. there are ppl like me that have many tabs open and can't waste any space on tab titles ^^
    [​IMG]

12. This was already suggested awhile ago. And it wasnt implemented so I doubt this will be

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just make it a toggleable feture so that people that hate it never have to enable it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Legoman99573

Supporter

11/10 IGN. Im using this on my servers forum and my MarketPlace forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm going to add a Poll so we can see hwo many Spigoters would love it <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. well you saved my butt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. MiniDigger

Supporter

just noticed you got the name fixed up everywhere. its 'live update' not 'life update'.

• Informative Informative x 1