1.15.2 Load plugin after Vault, but before plugins that hook into Vault

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by robertlit, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am developing a plugin that is using Vault to let other plugins hook into it.
    How would I make my plugin load after Vault but before all plugins that use Vault?
    I know that there is a "load before" option in the plugin.yml, but I can't list all the plugins that use Vault because I can't know what plugins that hook into Vault will a server use.

Thanks.

2. drives_a_ford

Sounds like an xy problem.
    What are you actually trying to achieve?

3. Nope, there is an error in one of the plugins hooking into Vault because it couldn't find my plugin (which is the economy provider) since it loads after this plugin.

Edit: it was tested with different economy systems and no errors occured. And yes, I am registering the provider as shown in the wiki.

4. Are there any specific plugins that you need your plugin to load before or are you trying to make this compatible with any plugin that uses vault?

5. Every plugin that uses Vault.
    It is an economy system.

6. Can you send me the link/name of the other economy plugin that you tried which worked?

7. Clearly an xy problem.

You need to fork Vault and write an adapter there for your own economy plugin.

1. Your economy plugin loads
    2. Custom Vault softdepends on your economy plugin
    3. Custom Vault loads after your economy plugin cause the optional dependency "your economy plugin" is detected
    4. Other plugins loading that depend on Vault.

8. Of course I could fork Vault, but this is not what I am asking, it is not meant to be a private plugin for me to use.
    I guess I will just have to add plugins to the loadbefore in the plugin.yml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.