Spigot LockSecurity 2.0.0

Locking containers with keys so only you and your friends can have access to them!

1. Choco

2008Choco updated LockSecurity with a new update entry:

TransferLock and General Additions

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Choco

General Fixes

3. Choco

Fixes, API Changes, and per/world config

4. Choco

Huge fixes: Affects Versions 1.5.0 - 1.6.2

5. Choco

The next update for LockSecurity, version 1.7.0, is going to contain some huge changes. It's going to completely change the entire infrastructure of the plugin. It will take longer than my typical updates, as I really want to get this working perfectly. If you follow my Twitter development page, you will discover what I am currently working on for the next update.

Twitter: @2008ChocoDev

6. Choco

SQLite Database

7. Choco

Vault + LockNotify

8. Any way we can get support for iron doors and iron trapdoors?

9. Choco

1.9 is almost available, and I'm just waiting for the API to be available. As soon as it is, I'm going to update the plugin ^-^

10. Choco

1.9 Support

11. Hello, awesome plugin, but in the latest version of spigot, i have a bug, when i try to click with a key on an unlocked chest for example, i have a error message in the console, which says couldn't pass the event PlayerInteractEvent to lock security 1.7.

Thanks to fix that.

12. Choco

If you are using LockSecurity 1.7.2 on a Minecraft 1.8 server, you will get that error. Otherwise, no issue should occur

13. Man i am using 1.9 spigot, and your last version of your plugin.... ?

14. Choco

Okay. I'll take a look sometime tomorrow afternoon :D Thanks for letting me know. To be fair, I never tested out the plugin before releasing it

15. Not really profesional... too bad because your plugin is awesome why are you so lazy to update it correctly, and to make it even better, like adding lockpicks ? that would just be crazy, and another thing which ain't correct, is the fact, that we can't change the craft, or even disable it.

16. Choco

Hm, "not really professional". I'll be sure to keep note of that. Last time I checked, this plugin was over 100KiB in size, mainly due to the sheer complexity of the plugin. I'd like to contradict your statement about myself being lazy. Are you aware that I'm currently in the process of completely rewriting an 80KiB project from scratch? I've got very little time to test my other 5 or 6 plugins and properly make a tested release for each of them.

I've been working on this project since late September of 2015, and since then it's improved immensely. There have been new features in nearly every update I've released for LockSecurity, mainly administrative utilities, as player functionality has been completely feature-filled already. Lock picks are something I still need to take under consideration as that's not really the entire goal of the plugin. It's meant to be more of an RPG-friendly version of Lockette. So far, I'd say I've done a pretty good job recreating that

Lastly, as for the crafting recipes, it's quite difficult to configure things like that. It requires a lot of String->ItemStack parsing as well as data value parse checks, which just wouldn't be all that worth it in my opinion. Disabling on the other hand, why would you want to disable recipes? There's literally only a recipe for a key, which provides 0 benefit as that pretty much disables the whole plugin.

I do hope you realize that exclaiming to a developer that they are unprofessional, then criticizing the quality of the plugin, is quite unprofessional of yourself. LockSecurity is provided free of charge. I do this on my free time as a sort of community service. I've been told countless times that this should be a premium resource because of how well it's made. I'm relentless when it comes to things like that. I like to provide free plugins for people. Money is not my main objective.

I will give this plugin a proper update sometime in the next week. I'm on my march break (spring break if you're american), and I will have time away from AlchemicalArrows 2. Be patient, and a proper update will be released

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lol don't be upset... you sound like a child now, first i have not critizise your plugin, i have said it was an awesome one, don't make me change my mind now, by not listening to your users...

First, disabling the crafting is pretty simple, as you can give it via commands, i want only to give it via commands, no crafting, but i will just not give the permission to craft it, i would have prefer a way to completly disable it. But it's ok. So if for you it is too complicated to make a crafting recipe, it's ok, just say it, don't go mad.

And as for the lockpicks it is exaclty what this plugin should be, as in real life you can take lockpick to pick locks... and you have said it would be more of a rpg plugin, so lockpicks should be in it (Oblivion, Skyrim) just to mention the most famous RPG..

And by being unprofesional, i was talking about the fact that you don't test your plugin, before your release a version, free or not, this ain't right.

So because you work for free, you could make a malicious program and send it to people ? No excuse to that sir.

Now if you want to talk to me about it, in a more private way, you can add me on skype, no need to fight on a public forum about it.

18. Choco

I do not see why permission nodes would not suffice rather than removing the crafting recipe. The recipe will not display to the user if they do not have sufficient permissions, so it's essentially the same as removing the recipe. Every server should have a permission plugin (Otherwise, I'm pretty sure both Spigot and Bukkit have a permissions.yml).

The lock picks are not my true intention. The intention of the plugin is for players to keep their items safe. Think of it like GriefPrevention. They create claims, however he does not have a method of overriding said claims with a specific item. It doesn't make much sense, really. If lock picks were a thing, why would you waste a little bit of material to lock a chest that's just going to get picked

I do test my plugins. All of them, actually. I just so happens that as of recently I am unable to do so considering I've got a heavy workload. This project needs a bit focus and attention as well, which it will be receiving in the next week.

LockSecurity will get its proper update in due time. I have other more pressing matters to be working on right now, and I will then work on this. It needs some database optimizations anyways. Just be patient

19. Ok thank you, but lockpicks are just really wanted, not only by me, beside can we duplicate keys ? and can we make a bunch of keys like other plugins ? please make that happens.

20. Choco

You can duplicate keys, yes. Put a locked key and an unsmithed key in a crafting table, it should return 2 of that key with the same ID