Spigot LockSecurity 2.0.0

Locking containers with keys so only you and your friends can have access to them!

1. Man, you should really do two things all the plugins using keys already does...

First would be possibility to make keys combine in a key ring, so we can have like 5 keys on a key ring, or 9. Would be much easier for players to carry a lot of keys.

Second, would be to make a lock goes with multiple chest and doors are the same time, so we don't have to have 10 differents keys to open them, but only one would be enough, as the look are identical, maybe just by duplicating locks like you already do with keys...

Thank you for making at least one of these two options (ideas) as without either one of them, your plugin cost too much slots in the inventory and ruin the fun of your plugin.

2. Choco

Combination of keys has been available for a couple of versions now. You're able to put 2 keys in a crafting table and the Key ID's will combine into 1 key. It will also remove duplicate Key ID's if there are any (i.e. [Key IDs 1, 2, 4] + [Key IDs 3, 4, 5] = [Key IDs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] - Rather than [Key IDs 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5])

3. Is that a key ring, or just a multiple key opening locks ? Can we uncraft those keys to get separates one ?

I would prefer a realistic way to have a key ring, like a gui opened, and then you insert your keys in it (max 9).

4. Choco

That's been considered, though it's difficult to keep track of in code. I'll see what I can do because it is a commonly requested feature.
    They are not uncraftable though, as it would need a dual output recipe

5. Then do it the way i have said, the realistic way, like other plugin does, and i have just been testing your plugin again, and it still does not work, the same error shows up can't pass the player....event to lock security 1.7.2.....

Please update it quick, your last version is useless, as it does not work for 1.9.

6. Choco

I'm going to rewrite this. I have an idea to optimize the plugin, but it will take a little bit of work

7. Choco

I've been working my ass off as of recently. Spent yesterday and most of today working on a huge rewrite for LockSecurity. This update should solve all the errors I'm aware of, optimize the plugin about 100x more than it was before, and maybe introduce new features? I'm also considering making this project open source as I did with AlchemicalArrows a couple of weeks ago after its rewrite. It may be worth it considering this is a really big fix involving databases. Lots of developers will yell at me though because this can be optimized even more, but I don't have the knowledge of Connection Pooling to figure out how to make it much more efficient. Regardless, connection pooling makes no difference if I'm doing the changes like the way I'm currently doing.

I can't guarantee a release date. I want to say tomorrow, but I also want to say Sunday. I honestly have no clue when I'll be finished with this. It's too early to tell. I have a lot of code to rewrite

8. No wories, i am glad you worked on it quickly like that, and to me it looks well optimized alraedy...

Good work.

9. Choco

I expect it to be done by tomorrow afternoon. Nearly complete, but it probably won't be bug free until tomorrow. I'm 90% complete the optimization process though! :D

EDIT (3/20/2016 - 20:14am EST): Everything is complete, except for a couple of optimizations, multiblock components (doors, double chests, etc.), and removal of records from the database. It should be done guaranteed by tomorrow night
    Also, not only that, I've updated the LSChestCollector addon for LockSecurity to use the new API I've written. Quite neat

EDIT 2 (3/20/2016 - 4:07pm EST): I ran into some database management issues related to the removal of records. For whatever reason, the database would not remove information if it hadn't existed locally? I'm going to have to delay the release a little bit. Not sure if it will be available tonight or not. I have other personal-related work to finish as well

EDIT 3 (3/21/2016 - 4:37pm EST): The update has been released! I've tested this one extensively, and I can guarantee that there are no bugs. No new features, but I plan on continuing to work on this project over the course of the next month or so (perhaps?). Updates will come in the near future, whenever I find the time to do so

#69 Choco, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  10. Choco

2008Choco updated LockSecurity with a new update entry:

Database management fixes + API overhaul (Biggest update ever)

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Choco

2008Choco updated LockSecurity with a new update entry:

General Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Hey sorry to tell you that, but still the same error for me, couldn't pass the clickevent to lock security 1.8.1...

13. Choco

Can I see the error? Because I most definitely tested every single aspect of the plugin. Also, could I get the version of Spigot you're currently using (/version).

I should also note, you're the only person to have confronted me about this "issue" that only you seem to be having. It's more than likely either not at the fault of my plugin (My stacktrace, but incompatible with another plugin), or the Spigot version of your server

#73 Choco, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  14. Choco

15. JBS

JBS

16. Choco

I have another error I need to fix as well :) I'll definitely take a look :D Thanks! Looks like an issue when attempting to lock a block

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBS

JBS

@2008Choco , Can you make it possible to lock a anvil?

Thanks.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Choco

That was something I had not thought about. I'll be sure to add that in :)

19. JBS

JBS

Thanks a lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Hey, do you plan on fixing this issue, or not ?

[16:10:54 ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to LockSecurity v1.8.1.1
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:310) ~[spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:231) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:482) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:888) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(SourceFile:55) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(SourceFile:11) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_77]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_77]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:45) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:721) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:400) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:660) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:559) [spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_77]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.choco.locks.events.InteractWithBlock.onInteractWithBlock(InteractWithBlock.java:52) ~[?:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_77]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot-1.9.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:git-Spigot-e000104-4cb3258]
    ... 17 more

Thank you....