Spigot Long Messages v1.1

Extend the length of chat messages with a simple '&'!

1. MeRPG submitted a new resource:

Long Messages - Extend the length of chat messages with a simple '&'!

Read more about this resource...

2. This is incredibly inventive! I wish I had thought of this! This NEEDS to be made premium soon or people are going to copy you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RiotShielder

Supporter

People will copy regardless, it's a simple plugin and doesn't need to be made premium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That's right. It's very simple, and doesn't need to be premium. I'm actually thinking I'm going to open source it for the next release.

5. Wat? SIMPLE? How did you override minecraft's message length limit with the newly merged messages?

6. RiotShielder

Supporter

He didn't, that's not possible without a client side mod.

It works by sending multiple chat lines in a buffer to the server, and then sending the combined message when "!" is sent.

7. Very close. It works by intercepting incoming chat messages that end with the extension character, storing them, and sending it all when you send a message without the extension character. "&" is the default extension character. This way you do not need to send an "!" And it won't interfere with normal chat.

8. MeRPG updated Long Messages with a new update entry:

Newlines!

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. I've published a new version and open sourced the plugin. Feel free to open issues and make pull requests on GitHub!