Looking for a 1.16.1 magic plugin...

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by strages87, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hello, I was looking around the resources page for Spigot plugins for MC 1.16.1, and found a plugin called Wizardly Magic that would work perfect for my server, but it is outdated and won't load on my server.

Are there any other plugins similar to it that can accomplish the same thing, or would I need to reach out to have one developed / try and make one myself (I have zero java programming knowledge, and am mainly experienced in PHP coding for web servers, so I'd have to learn it of course)?

Note, I am NOT looking for anyone plugins that utilize wands of any sort (example: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/magic.1056/). In fact if possible, I am specifically looking for a combination of having spells that you can "craft" to cast like healing, fireballs, etc, as well as scrolls you can craft to accomplish the same thing. I am kinda using the anime Overlord as a reference to how I want my spells to work, where users are randomly assigned an affinity level upon logging in, and based on that level will determine what level of spell they can craft and cast, if at all.

Do any plugins like this exist that work with the current build, or would I need to make a request / make it myself?

2. Innings

Innings Previously Hornsbys

I doubt there's anything this complex out for 1.16.1 yet. Meaning you would have to probably get it commissioned. I seriously don't recommend trying to learn Java for this because this would take you a LONG time especially if you're just starting out.

The other thing I would say is just wait awhile and see if someone comes out with this.