Looking for a 24-7 host for a small MC server! Help!

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by SaussBauss, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. I'm currently in the midst of setting up a server for a bunch of of buddies and people from my school. I do not want to host it on my own computer due to the fact that I can't keep it running 24-7.

1. How many servers do you run? [# of servers]: One server
    2. What type of servers do you run? [Creative / Survival / Factions / Minigame]: Factions (~20 plugins)
    3. On average, how many players do each of your servers have per day? [30, 50, 100] (20-25 players)
    4. Where are most of your players located? [North America / Europe / etc.] All North America
    I've read a lot of different things and at this point it's become very confusing for me to choose. My budget range is no more than $20 for a month's use. I would appreciate if someone could please head me towards the right direction in terms of a successful host they've used in the past that'll cater to me and my server's needs. Thank you.

2. Tux

Tux

• Like Like x 1
  3. I suggest checking out ImmortalNetwork . They offer very cheap and reliable servers from any price range that you may be looking for. Give them a look, I vouch

4. Hello, still need a good hosting? PM me =) From 0.5GB RAM up to 256GB RAM

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. 256GB RAM is overkill for MC

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'd suggest something like BeastNode. They have a multicraft panel, and you could get a 2gb plan for about 20$(less if you use easily available promo codes). No hassles to set it up, good service and its very reliable with excellent uptime. It may not be the cheapest but it makes life easier for non-commercial servers.

I've been using it for one and a half year and I am happy because it serves my purpose(which is pretty much the same as yours except I have around 100 plugins and 7 worlds) well.

7. Not if you have a large server network my friend :)

8. You have to split that 256GB which may be a entire dedicated server but however you'll need to split it up otherwise the JVM will do weird things

9. I can host your server of 2GB RAM, included multicraft panel, ssd storage, 98% uptime, mysql database for 7.5€/month :)

10. That's true, I prefer dedicated servers of 32 and 64gb ram to host my servers on

11. Thank you for your kind offer! But I'd prefer to stay with a big company for reasons of reliability, support, stability etc, despite there being many more economical alternatives. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2