Looking For A Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Sallinx, May 15, 2016.

1. Title says It all but DONT SAY NOCHEATPLUS OR ANTICHEATPLUS thanks. 1.8 Only

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. why are you using viaversion if you hate 1.9

3. So others who like 1.9 can play also =)

4. Use @MarkElf2204's NoCheatPlus config! :D
    It is cheap and amazing. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Can I ask what your problem with NoCheatPlus is? If your looking for a free anti cheat your probably not going to find anything better than NCP+.

If you go paid AAC is probably your best bet for 1.8, since it is being actively developed for 1.8 currently. Though it does have some incompatibilities that are listed on the resource overview you'll have to look at that see if its viable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I agree... :D

7. Thank you for the tag and support as always @BrettplayMC.

If you change your mind in regards to using NCP, check my signature.

Adding to what @Foulwerp said, you're really not going to find anything better than NCP if you're looking for an efficient and free way to block users with a hacked client. I've together worked with a large number of popular server owners such as Desteria's to focus on optimizing configuration values, and they continue to use NCP, with my configuration, over other existing anti-cheat plugins because it's been developed over the course of 4+ years and is still actively developed to this day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's to known meaning it can be bypassed super quickly

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Any anti cheat that works well, will be well known. Any well known, publicly available (even paid), anti cheat will have been looked into by the hacked client developers for ways to bypass them. You just have to choose the best of whats out there, to stop the majority of hacks. Then its up to you to keep an eye on things and manually ban the ones that can bypass.

It is also a vicious cycle of getting bypassed, and patching the bypass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Celebrimbor

Patron

• Like Like x 1
  11. Celebrimbor

Patron

That's your best public solution for 1.8 servers. May be pricey, but quality comes at a cost :p

EDIT: I too urge you to look info MarkElf's config if more than $5 is just not in the cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I am willing to pay as a last resort but due to the fact my server Is under dev I dont have a huge cash pot :)

13. Celebrimbor

Patron

NCP is your only option in my opinion. This strictly based on your funds. You may think NCP is crap and it is publicly bashed maybe more than it deserves, but it has the potential to be so much better if you know your way around a config. Mark's $5 config evens the playing field between NCP and AAC in many cases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. To add to this...

A lot of anti cheats get bashed because the default configs aren't that great and don't use the plugin to its full potential. It has taken quite a while of tweaking for me to get NCP to where I want, even when I used AAC I tweaked the configs a lot (I don't use AAC moved to 1.9.4).

If you just plug and play the anti cheat plugin and don't devote some time to adjusting the configs you are going to have a pretty poor experience. Honestly, I believe you should never run, any anti cheat, that I know of, with the default configs. The default configs are very broad and general to allow it to be compatible with a wide range of different setups. Allowing it to be compatible with many setups can make a check less strict, throw a lot of false positives, and sometimes be overly strict. You have to find out what works best for your server. You can make the checks very strict or very lenient, its up to you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. I have a problem with ncp+, when somebody walks up a halfstep they get teleported back and it says something.