Looking for a developer for my server

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by EvilSnowy, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Hello. im looking for a good developer for my server.
    i need a developer who can create small - big plugins with java and who will be good with plugins
    might get paid. depends on his work

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. foncused

Moderator Patron

I suggest posting here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. This is for plugin development help, post this https://www.spigotmc.org/forums/hiring-developers.55/

• Like Like x 1
  4. As previously stated, you need to post in the Services & Recruitment forum: https://www.spigotmc.org/forums/hiring-developers.55/

Also if you expect to find a developer who is willing to work for free with a post like this, good luck.
    You probably should use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization standards, and include loads more info. What version would the developer be writing for? What are some projects he would need to do? How much would the potential pay be?

P.S.: If you don't have access to the Services & Recruitment forum yet, you'll have to be patient. Rules are rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. so what you are actually saying is that bc my grammar is kinda horrible, i shouldnt even post ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. iso2013 is saying in order to get a developer to work for you, especially one that "might get paid", you are most likely going to have to use things like proper grammar because without it, you sound very unprofessional. A developer will work with the more professional person vs the unprofessional person most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. just because my english is not the best on earth. it does not make me to not a professional

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. But it does make you look like you're not professional. Speaking english on a proficient level is a part of looking professional, just like wearing a suit at a business meeting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. @RubbaBoy said that it sounds, but not directly unprofessional. Please don't make this a problem.

10. I think this: "might get paid - depends on his work" is the Reason why you won't get a Developer when he asked for Money at the beginning of your Projects and you won't give him his Money because you think that Project is crap

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. This is a sticky post that clearly says not to post this kind of thing in this forum, so if we disregard your English, you still seem quite unprofessional at this point.

Apart from that, no proper developer would be willing to work for you with so few details, as you've given us. Consider posting more information, and in the correct forum section.

12. being professional and having good English are correlating factors but not exactly 100% intertwined.
    "might get paid" - fine English, but horrible professionalism as no person would normally apply on the premise that there is a chance they will not be rewarded for their work.
    "create small - big plugins" - for everyone the concept of small and big differs. A parkour plugin for me may be small, but for others it may seem like a big feat (also depends on features).
    And overall - details. Look at others in the S&R forum and you'll see people elaborating on their server, what work needs to get done, and approximate sums of money. Presentation is everything, and the occasional misspelling here and there is not a big deal if the post as a whole is portrayed in a professional manner.