Looking for a new host

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Shongs, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Hey everyone, I am looking for a new machine to host my server off, I am paying 29 Euros for this monthly. I have listed the specs of my machine below.

16 GB DDR4 3000MHz
    6 vCores I9 9900K 5GHz
    120 GB SSD NVMe
    1 Gbit Port
    10 TB Bandwidth
    Anti-DDoS Standard

I am happy with the machine it performs perfectly and what not, but the only downside to it is that it's hosted in Italy and the majority of my players being from America. The hosting provider which I use does not offer nodes from any other country other than Italy that I know of.​

2. HotLineServers might be your next best bet if you got some room to spare or if can spare some of the specs.

If you need adjustments cause of such, check their ordering form else ping their sales through ticketing and they can probably fix you up with a budget optimized option.

3. Just to confirm, it offers "Web Hosting" for the VPS plans. Does that still work for Minecraft servers?

Edit: Their Terms of Service somewhat concerns me. Their plan specs seem awesome but I noticed this in their ToS:
    a) Use 25% or more of system CPU resources for longer then 90 seconds or 1% of the servers CPU resources for longer than 5 minutes. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
    Why would this matter if CPU is dedicated like they claim? & would this be an issue for MC server hosting? I.e. Transferring 30 GB of files via SFTP to your local PC.

Edit 2:
    Well rip. The hosting plans seem epic- until you read the Terms of Service. Game hosting is against their ToS:
    g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield 1492 etc

#3 PiggiesGoSqueal, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  4. Question them on this because I contacted them in the past for specifically running Minecraft servers and they didn't say it was against ToS/AUP to me.

Anyone rendering services and products are required by consumer laws to make available information/clarification of terms of services/conditions upon questioning, clarification, etc no exceptions.

5. Do you require a VPS? If it's just game hosting you're looking to do It might be worth looking into dedicated game hosting?