Looking for a reliable permissions manager for bungeecord only.

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Help' started by Lorentedford, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I am looking for a plugin for handling all permission on the bungeecord server only. I checked out BungeePerms it was interesting but there is issues where it requires each server permission to be controlled with it.. Which causes issues I personally like to use PEX on my server instances.. Any thoughts on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What makes Luck perms so special why do you like it?

3. It's sample to use they even have an online editor so you can edit your ranks, permissions and more.

4. I will check it out but open to other ideas as well thanks!

5. No problem! :)

6. use luckperms but not in bungeecord I don't recommend it in bungeecord

7. LuckPerms on bungeecord only manages bungeecord permissions, not spigot ones and that's the same for all perms plugins. But you can use it on Bungeecord and on Spigot and sync them to the same database and it will work the same way
    And I recommend aswell LuckPerms because it's simply easier, as SmookyMacOS said, it has an Web Editor very easy to use, but it's not the only thing ! you also have:
    - the command /lp tree or /lpb tree that will show you (almost) all permission on your current spigot server (if you do /lpb, it will show the perms from the bungeecord)
    - the command /lp verbose or /lpb verbose that will show you the permissions checks made on the specific filter while verbose is on (you should check the wiki if you want to learn more about that because I can't explain in a good way x)) (if you do /lp verbose, it will only show the permissions check on the current spigot server, if you want on bungee it's /lpb)
    you also have a frequently updated plugin, a well done documentation/wiki and a discord server for quick support

8. the option I like best about luckperms is to disable the op completely

9. LuckPerms is the best permissions manager hands down. I advise you not to use a different one. It’s the most intuitive, feature-rich permission manager out there.

Its web editor makes it extremely easy to edit ranks, and the commands themselves are super easy to understand. You can even download the free add-on LuckPermsGUI to make it even easier, but I don’t use it myself as it’s already so easy and convenient yet incredibly feature-rich. It can do whatever you want, whenever you want it, with no hassle.

• Agree Agree x 1