Looking for Cheap webhosting

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by ntall1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. I've been with HostGator for years now, and they have slowly raised the price on me over the years, and right now I'm paying $13 a month to host a site that little to no traffic, and all I really need from my site is a nice landing page with information, and custom dns so I can have a human readable IP address for my server. Definitely not something that should be costing $13 a month...

So my question is: Does anyone know of a decent cheap webhost that also allows sub domains and custom dns?

2. DeluxeNode does it for $1 a month.

3. Why don't you go with google blogger. It is free of cost. You can get more traffic on blogs.
    Try once.

4. Namecheap offers webhosting for around $25/year for the first year, I’ve been with them for four years now.

Renewal price might be the downside, it does could around $15-20 more to renew it. But still, if you think about it in monthly terms, it’s way less than $13/month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Why not a vps with lamp setup? Super simple and cheaper, plus better.

6. I don't think most server owners have the time and energy themselves to do the research and learning that has to do with managing a LAMP server.

That's an absolutely ridiculous price. There's a whole bunch of hosts out there with good hosting for a dollar or a few, these include Hertzner, OVH, DeluxeNode and whole bunch of others. All of the ones listed support custom DNS records for your server,

7. I know, it was much cheaper when I started teh plan many years ago. They raised my rates each year for 5 years, and I was just lazy.

I've gotten my hosting needs taken care of, btw. I contacted multiple of my family members. Turns out we all have some sort of web hosting, and most are not even using it. So I got everyone on a single shared account, and we are all paying near negligible amounts now.

8. Hey, look into one.com a very reliable host and very cheap. Kind regards

9. Google has free hosting?