Looking for dedicated hosting at a good price

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by james090500, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Currently with OVH and have a SP-16-S Server - Xeon E3-1245v5 - 16GB hosted in France, nothing special. Run my MC server fine but obviously with lock clock speed doesn't do to well when we're under load.

I'm looking for a dedicated host preferably with no MC Control panel (multicraft etc) just a pure linux box which I have full control over, around 16GB of RAM and around £60 a month hopefully less.

We have a fairly global server so connection from Europe and USA are important (We even have an Aussie lol)

Any good suggestions?

2. Nexril.net

3. Not suitable im affraid.

1. It's more expensive
    2. There CPUs are worse.

4. I'd vouch for Hetzner and SoYouStart for this. Mayyybe ReliableSite, though I don't think you'd find the deal you want.

5. If I'm correct, higher clockrate and single core performance is best for minecraft. So which CPU would you recommend, we have 20 odd players currently and quite a few plugins.

6. CPUs are very good for the price, the support is amazing and it has a very good connection and network

7. Unless you paid the invoices and their system didn't mark it as paid and they won't help you with the part that they should check and correct it.. I had on a old account 2 invoices paid and IPN got through but a few days later it's unpaid whilst the money was taken from my creditcard [​IMG]

8. i7-3770, 4770, 6700, 7700, 8700

9. You really get what you pay for. Contact Courzo, I use them for my dedicated. They got me a good server that wasn’t listed on their site. Another option I’d suggest would be Nexril. Both companies don’t sell OVH servers which is a huge bonus.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Nexril colocates with / resells from (probably colo but cant tell) Pyschz. OP wanted a server in the EU.

Courzo has the shittest SEO I've ever seen (random shit comes above them on Google), they haven't even fully filled out their WHCMS template (check the phone number in the footer). Their servers are also in the US, and also they just resell ReliableSite (through their reseller program, but they claim it's a full on partnership).
    Would stay away from both companies.

11. This is funny, I am the owner of Courzo, so let me clarify some things for you.

You’re basing a company that you’ve never had experience with off our Search Engine Optimization? Okay, no problem. Not really a bother to us or other customers. Something we can fix regardless.

Secondly, we don’t have a phone number to begin with, thanks for pointing that out though - we will remove it.

Lastly, we do have a legitiment partnership with ReliableSite and have for a while. Not sure where you’re getting this information from that states otherwise.

Most of these hosts now a days resell servers so don’t frown upon them. Our customers have had a wonderful experience with us.

Anyways, I’m not looking for an argument and won’t be replying, if you’d like information feel free to PM. Also, thanks for the shoutout from the user above.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. @james090500 can you tell us more about your server (Players, World size, Plugins)?

13. Creates a very bad impression if you can't get above some random wikipedia in German
    [​IMG]

Again, something that you haven't bothered to do. Makes you seem like you don't give 2 fucks about your hosting company

Your support rep lmfao. Being part of a reseller program that gives you a WHCMS module is not a partnership.

I don't deal with hosts who resell, I'd rather buy straight from who they buy from because
    A) A company with an actual datacentre isn't going to close down in a moments notice
    B) Probably cheaper.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MikeA

Retired Benefactor

Most datacenters don't sell servers cheap (if at all), except a handful in Europe that are like Hetzner, Online.net, OVH, etc. Maybe mix up owning a dataecenter and leasing space in a datacenter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Colo... they do not resell. Anyways he could use GGA from Pyschz

16. Survival server, infinite world size and basic plugins such as essentialsX as it's fairly vanilla survival, most other plugins are management such as advanced ban and then some donor plugins such as simple pets or trails.

17. Theoretically, an E3-1245v5 with 16GB of RAM should be plenty for my server, Should I look into whats causing issues.

Also I looked at https://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/ GAME-1 Server,

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
    16GB DDR3 1333MHz
    1x120GB SSD

What are peoples opinions on these?

• Agree Agree x 1

18. i7 is fine but yeah the machine you currently have should be fine for a survival server, see what is causing the issue.

19. Alright, I am thinking either 1.13 optimization issue or a plugin. Will need to look into it, can you recommend any linux software for this? HTOP shows not even full core has been utilized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.