Lost on how to setup my server

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by Bombasts, Jun 24, 2019.

1. I bought a server from Kimsufi and I've been reading some tutorials, but a lot of them are confusing and I barely understand them because I have used shared hosting forever. If there is an easy tutorial someone could link me to that would be great

2. Kimsufi sells VPS and dedicated servers. You're going to have to have experience setting up a linux operating system over terminal and ssh... It's not like using a game panel from a shared node provider.

3. It is not going to be easy if you don't have any experience, but it is possible. Getty putty to ssh into your server. You can install Ptero panel and deamon. They have a good tutorial on how to do it. If that fails, start looking for a script to install ptero. Once you have that up and running, you can work on your server. Don't forget to set up firewalls etc. Google is your friend here.

4. If you still need help you can send me message either here or in discord: YoghurtPower#2314 :)
    Actually what I've noticed is that if you know a lot of how to command work in minecraft you might find similarities, since most of the developer are basing the plugin commands on how the unix commands work. Still it depends from person to person.

• Creative Creative x 1