1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Feature Lots of player together = Loud Footsteps?

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by SpaZMonKeY777, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

So this is kind of a weird issue some of my players brought to my attention. Personally I play with my MC sound/music off, so I never noticed this...

But in my lobby area, players who are AFK in my servers get booted to the lobby and appear in our main /spawn area. Well generally throughout the day we get like 6-8 people who are AFK in the same spot in the lobby, and if your sound is turned up, you hear REALLY loud footstep sounds like people are shuffling about. I assume this is because lots of people are standing in the exact same spot altogether.

Any fix to this? I thought about putting an AFK kicker in the lobby, but it can hold so many players, I didn't feel it needed. Any other ways to spread players out or fix this weird audio glitch?

2. Its a bug in the Minecraft client itself, it does strange things if 2 or more entities are at the exact same spot. Earlier when you used to be able to push players you would like get a insane knockback if you ran into a group of players that were on the exact same spot without moving.

Not sure if Spigot should do something against it since it would be rather confusion for some other owners (some owners prefer that players spawn at the EXACT point). That lobby spawn/teleport plugin could prevent it also by giving some free room in teleport coordinates.

3. I have a plugin that vanishes everyone and stops the sound. I wrote it in like 37s. I can post it here tomorrow if you quote me to remind me.