Low Factions TPS

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Jovan, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Some more information would be helpfull for example,
    • Where are you hosting (vps / shared / dedicated) your server and what specs does it have?
    • Is your server in offline mode because it’s connected to a bungeecord network or is there another reason?
  2. Dedicated server in SouYouStart in France (Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 4c/8t 3.4GHz /3.8GHz 32GB DDR3 1333 MHz SoftRaid 2x2TB SATA)
    Offline mode, connected to BungeeCord network :)
  3. The lag is probably caused by the 45K hoppers and 10K mob spawners which are located somewhere in a 512 radius around these coordinates: 4096,12288
  4. What I can do to reduce this lag? I use PaperSpigot :)

I can't break spawners from players, and also hoppers :)
  5. You can delete them, or you can lag. You dont get a magical fix for that.

Almost all servers ban mob farms due to the lag they cause and the fact they remove all effort.
  6. It's not a fix for your lag but it will certainly help, Cyber's rebuild in R6 has a lot of performance enhancements to Hopper/Redstone that cause most servers to lag when they have an incredible amount, you can also join his Discord to see it live in action if you don't want to buy it before hand: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/react-smart-server-performance.21057/

You can also just greatly slow down how fast hoppers are ticking/transferring items in the spigot.yml
  7. You should be using SSD's instead. Using normal harddrives is not recommended for servers like that, especially with such playercount. Most likely your harddrive is simply the bottleneck. Also maybe try to optimize the tile entities (hoppers and such). Maybe there's some plugins available for that.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. If the world is pregenned then there isn't much benefit in using HDD's over SSD's, the most disk intensive operations he'll have are either storage like databases (flatfile, mysql, json, etc) or cannons but even then, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
  9. Correct, but I don't think a factions server will have a pre generated world.

Disagree. Last time I had a survival server, it made an HUGE difference. The server could literally not keep up its 20 tps even with like 10 players online. Switching to SSD it could handle triple easily. Now consider 170 players. SSD's really do make a world of difference, especially NVMe's.
  10. I'm not sure what Factions servers you've played on but Factions servers typically pregen their world to prevent lag, if you had even 50 players on a brand new world even with SSDs, the server would lag out from all of those players pregenning new chucks.

Source: I've ran multiple Factions, Skyblock & Survival servers with 300/300 players.
  11. Add on discord I can fix this for you for pretty cheap. I optmize factions servers.

Carry Lord#8349
    Mention you are from spigot
  12. Just don’t...

No advertising servers, real-world products, services, or any other type of item / service outside of the Services & Recruitment section.
    Spigot rules
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. God i hate spigot everyone such little cry babys lol all i do is do what he asked for. So i am letting him know done nothing else i help for free and they want more then cool.
  14. You said:
    So thats not for free but if you wanna help people why not just help them here?
  15. SpigotMC is a community that helps out each other, if you wanna earn money from these kind of tiny things, you should go to MC-market instead.
  16. Highly agree with you, if you post a thread relating to 1.7/1.8, it gets trashed, saying update to latest version, etc, etc. The MCMarket community is hella more enjoyable.

"Helps each other out" What u shmoking? There's tons of threads each day asking for help either on a spigot .jar or a paperspigot.jar relating to 1.7/1.8. Half of the comments are saying update to latest version, etc, etc. There's a reason we don't.

Although I do agree on the money free. SpigotMC is a free community, go on MCMarket for anything relating to money.

React causes more issues then it fixes.
  17. PhanaticD

use the very latest version of worldguard from here: http://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard

and then in the config for worldguard you need to set "ignore-hopper-item-move-events" to true

I guarantee you it will run better, not completely fixed as there are still way too many hoppers and spawners in your world, but it will be way better
  18. There was a few people like lethalsh0tt shitting your thread but there were so much more people trying to help you so why don’t you just ignore those shitposter and focus on the others trying to help you?
    Why don’t you just go to mc-market if it’s that perfect. You keep whining about people shitposting but you are doing the exact same thing in your post above.