Low TPS on newer builds

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by YourDad50, Mar 23, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Build #726

plugins: 57

WorldBorder, BukkitCompat(ForMCMYADMIN), CleanChat, Buycraft, Vault, Wither, FastSoup, HeadHunter, ToggleChat, EnderpearlCooldown, WhatIsIt, Votifier, MobArena, mcMMO, GAListener, TimTheEnchanter, HideStream, ItemRenamer, DonateRedeems, WorldEdit, HealthDisplay, PluginsBaker, ColouredMotd, PermissionsEX, combattag, antiinvinsibilitypotions, NoEnderpearl, WorldGuard, PvPTimer, iGates, boosCooldowns, RedeemMCMMO, BugFixes, Lottery, BookRules, VoteCommand, Autoannouncer, Essentials, floAuction, Enjin MC Plugin, silkspawners, CompatNoCheatPlus, EssentialsChat, ChatManager, EssentialsProtect, NoCheatPlus, EssentialsSpawn, VanishNoPacket, EssentialsAntiBuild, Factions, ObsidianDestroyer, FactionsPlus, BattleArena.

It even drops to 7 at 300/300

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Complete opposite with me. Reached my 450 player peak at 19-20 TPS.

3. in 1.5 builds I was able to keep 20 tps with 200 players online. BUt these 1.5.1 builds seem to be dropping to 12-15 tps with 130 players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. What build number?

6. Thats the worst one for me.

Seems like 1.5.1 builds are very laggy for me.

7. Upgraded to #729, and performance is terrible. Something be hitting the fan on this build.

8. Im getting good TPS and bad ram...

9. #729, low TPS also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Seems like Im not the only one *phew* Was a lot better in 1.4.7 :) I could go up to 350 with 20TPS, and uptime of up to 5 hours!

11. Still not as good as 1.2.5, but I cannot complain too much, performance has boosted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yet today andrewkm got 404 players / 20tps for the first time ever.

Why are there all these placebo threads, especially when there are generally no performance changes when these threads are made.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well congratz to andrewkm. Idk what it is, but I rolled back to what I was on yesterday (#724) and it seems to be ok now. This is my timings report at 250 players. http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=5644935 The last one before I removed #729.

14. What is your dedicated server specs? :p

15. 1270v2 CPU, 1GBPS port, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 4 RAID-0 drives.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh sweet, I got sort of the same specs, and can't get anywhere near 450 players.
    Do you think RAID-0 drives make a big difference compared to just a 240GB intel SSD without being in a raid?

#16 flyingtacoz, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  17. I upgraded to RAID-0 in September from SSDs, so yeah it does make a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just tried out the newest build, TPS is definitely lower. :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Disregard my last message. The newer build made one of my plugins go crazy and a simple change fixed the lag. TPS is much better now and even better then the previous builds as it helped me figure out an old problem. = D