Universal LuckPerms 5.3.47

A permissions plugin for Minecraft servers (Bukkit/Spigot, BungeeCord & more)

1. Sorry for the delayed responses - I didn't get any notifications for any of the messages since my last reply. :/

I'd guess so yeah.
    Yes.
    https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Choosing-a-Storage-type
    If you set that option to true, the only way to grant operator status is using the autoop permission node.
    You can give your admins access to "minecraft.command.op" and "minecraft.command.deop" so they can op/deop themselves as they please.
    The commands-allow-op setting in LuckPerms will prevent them from being able to change permissions.
    Use the addtemp command.
    https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Command-Usage#lp-usergroup-usergroup-parent-addtemp
    What part are you finding difficult?
    I'm happy to help if you have any specific questions :)
    No command specifically, but you could use this placeholder + a plugin which lets you write your own commands using them.
    https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Placeholders#luckperms_expiry_time_permission

2. Luck updated LuckPerms | An advanced permissions plugin with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. @Luck
    How should I go about updating LuckPerms? Do I need to remove all the current files, install the new version, and then copy the values into the new files? Or can I just put the new jar in the plugins folder and it will update the files but keep the values I have already set?

Thanks, I love what I read about the new editor, it sounds awesome!

4. @Luck You problem get enough negative feedback as it is in this section but I'd like to personally thank you for making this plugin and all the hard work you add each update, mad respect my man!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Quick question that hopefully you can help out with. Let's say I have three worlds on my server:

World A
    World B
    World C

I have some permissions set using the server context, so that they are applied in all worlds on the server. I also have some permissions that are set for each individual world (so World A only, or World B only, etc.). However, there are some permissions that I'd like to be shared between two of the worlds, but not the third (so a permission would be applied on World A and World B, but not World C). My question is basically this: is the only way to do this to set the permission twice with different world contexts (which could be difficult to manage depending on the number of permissions), or is there a way to set it once and have it apply to both? World re-write could work, but I'm concerned it would interfere with the permissions I already have set for those worlds. Sorry if any of that is unclear.

6. if i change some plugin and i need to replace old permissions for the new permissions, how can i do it (?) i don't want change 1 per 1 ALL USERS of my sv. How can do it easy?

upload_2018-2-24_13-55-29.png

7. You should be fine just swapping the jars over. The config won't update automatically - it will just use default settings for the missing options.
    Thank you :)
    There's not really a simple way to do that.

The ideal approach is to make a plugin to provide your own context special context when players are in either of those worlds.
    https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Context#defining-your-own-contexts

If you already use WorldGuard on your server, you could make a huge region (with the same name in both worlds) and do it that way?
    You'll need to install ExtraContexts.jar for that to work. https://ci.lucko.me/job/ExtraContexts/
    Yes! Use the bulkupdate command. :)
    https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Bulk-Editing

I suggest those if you're granting lots of users the same permission, you put those inside a group, and then just add users to the group. That way it's super easy to make changes to all users at once.

8. Нет, не совместим))

9. can you make it so they dont get perms that you dont give the group

ppl are able to do too many commands that they shouldnt be allowed

otherwise its a very good plugin

10. @Luck is it possible to have multiple worlds listed in the world context, like so:
    /lp group somegroup permission set permission.node servercontext (world1|world2?

For some reason I feel like I can, however correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what I mean by "update the config" is add the new options to the config, so it would keep the values I have in the existing config but it would add the new options but use the default value.

Thanks!

11. No it's not possible.
    There's a more in-depth explanation here: https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/wiki/Context

As I said, the config doesn't automatically update. If you have an old config version, it will just use the default values.

12. Thanks, just clarifying.

13. Hi, Please fix this Bug on Bungeecord
    Plugin Version: 4.1.5

Code (Text):
    20:51:52 [WARNING] Error enabling plugin LuckPerms
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/plugin/java/JavaPlugin
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:368)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:362)
       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginClassloader.loadClass0(PluginClassloader.java:34)
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginClassloader.loadClass(PluginClassloader.java:27)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.enablePlugin(PluginManager.java:304)
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:212)
       at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.start(BungeeCord.java:268)
       at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCordLauncher.main(BungeeCordLauncher.java:56)
       at net.md_5.bungee.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:15)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginClassloader.loadClass0(PluginClassloader.java:53)
       at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginClassloader.loadClass(PluginClassloader.java:27)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
       ... 18 more

14. You're trying to install the Bukkit version of the plugin on a BungeeCord proxy.
    You need to use the Bungee version from here: https://ci.lucko.me/job/LuckPerms/

15. First, thanks for this awesome plugin. It's really easy to use, for how much it doesn't hold your hand through the process haha. Really impressed by this.

Secondly, I'm curious to know. With the addition of your web editor, do you think it'd be possible to program the ability to draw permissions from plugins? For an example, say you have LuckPerms and WorldEdit installed. If my thought was a part of LP, LP would read the .jar of WorldEdit to find all permissions (or there could be collaboration between you and a plugin author to define all permissions via some supported means that the separate plugin authors can update their permissions as needed) and then list them in the web editor based on what plugin is selected from a drop-down list.

This could be very useful for those who are not aware of all possible permissions each plugin has. If it's not possible to have LP do this, I understand; it's probably far more difficult than it's worth. However, it could be a useful addition for the web editor at least, to see all plugins' permissions that you can add/deny.

Separate note: would it be possible for the web editor to divide the page into two sections where the first is the list of permissions, and the second is the list of groups that that group is a parent of? Took me a moment to realize that "group.<name>" was the group that the selected group was a parent of.

Final question (sorry this is so long haha): I don't recall seeing anything in the discussion about 1.13, but have you decided on anything regarding support for the plugin on pre-1.13 versions? Will there be any drastic changes? Just wondering, since this is the perms plugin I use on my server and want to make sure I know it'll stay up-to-date with 1.13 on the horizon.

Sorry for the page of text. Thanks again for providing such a valuable resource <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Gonna address this in two parts :p

"LP would read the .jar of WorldEdit to find all permissions"
    This is possible, but it would be tricky to determine which strings are permissions. It would also (probably) be quite slow, and prone to errors.

"or there could be collaboration between you and a plugin author to define all permissions via some supported means that the separate plugin authors can update their permissions as needed)"
    This is already a thing - plugins authors can define all of their permission nodes inside the plugin.yml file, included within the plugin jar. LuckPerms can (and does) read this data in order to provide tab completions.

"then list them in the web editor based on what plugin is selected from a drop-down list"
    Not sure if you've used the editor yet - but this should happen already. :)

Agreed - check out the '/lp tree' command ;)

Uhh, I think I prefer having everything in the same view, but it could be made clearer, I agree.

Unless there are any significant changes to the permissions API in Bukkit (there haven't been any in the last 4 years if that's any indication), everything should be okay.

Regarding 1.13, I plan adding support for the Brigadier tab completion system, but that's about it. :)

17. Just to prove my point a bit here, I've done what you suggested with the WorldEdit jar... :)

Using this code to read the string constants from the jar file: https://gist.github.com/lucko/6d2654ea6347698419cbcf67ea8d4db0
    Produces this output: https://gist.github.com/lucko/3e057a65322a5d1ac6be5f39aa4acc93

Obviously it will vary quite a bit between plugins, but it's going to be challenging to programatically filter the permissions out of that. (so much so that I'd say it's probably not going to be helpful information)

18. I appreciate the speedy reply! I admit, my programming knowledge is pretty limited (to simple HTML and CSS, LOL), so I wasn't sure how difficult identifying the permissions from a plugin would be. I'll be sure to (thoroughly this time) check and see if I can find the drop-down list feature in the web editor, and I'll try the /lp tree command.

Have a good one! :D

19. GEEZ... yeah, definitely not worth the time to sort through xD Thanks for showing what would happen, it's cool to see that it could be a possibility if someone was able to figure out a way to programmatically filter out the permissions. Until then though, thank god for wikis :p