Solved LWC hopper minecart help

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by takatalvi, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Hi, I would like some opinions on the known issue with LWC, where regardless of the locks, one can still drain items from a chest using a hopper minecart. Restricting rail placement around the chest is useless, as the player can still push the minecart without rails.

Background: for years, we had denyHoppers set to true, and players had to use /chopper on to allow the chest to work with hoppers. Later, my co-admin changed denyHoppers to false, and restricted placing hoppers around the container for anyone except the protection owner. This made things easier, but corrupted a LOT of locks on chests, since they all had redundant flags, and we had to deal with players' complaints. It calmed down shortly and since then we have worked without issues.

That was until I realized that a hopper minecart can be used for stealing and there's nothing to be done about it since it's an entity. Later, looking for a solution, I found out that setting denyHoppers to true again would prevent this kind of griefing, only players would have to use /chopper on. This doesn't bother me, we will simply instruct them to do this. My concern is: can this corrupt our chests again like it did the first time when we changed the LWC config?

Any help appreciated!

2. I would like to thank the community for the valuable advice, I managed to resolve the issue.