Bukkit Magic 7.6.19

Add fully customizable magic wands, items, spells, mobs and more to your server!

1. I'm looking to create a spell that teleports the player to a specific block he's facing.
    Like, if the player is facing to a wooden block, glazed terracota or whatever, and it's in a 10 blocks range, he gets tp'ed to said block.
    Can I get some help with this? I'm a bit loss, specially at the tp part.

Also, is there any way to separate the wands in the appearanceshop by tabs so they don't look like this?: https://imgur.com/a/OKrNjaL

Thanks in advance :)

#4082 Atrelyu, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. I need other help. How do I create a giant Slime, but with the condition of it does not multiply when it is killed (standard feature of slimes). I want to have a giant slime, though, that does not split when dead.
    Thankful!
    kingslime:
    name: King Slime
    type: slime
    size: 18
    interval: 3000
    cast_requires_target: false
    triggers:
    interval:
    cast
    none: 100
    rubberize pdy -1 pdx 0 pdz 0:50

tks

3. I did not know this is possible. I'll add it to the TODO, I'd have to learn how to make this happen. I'm not really certain that "PreventSlimeSplit" is a standard feature, possibly something special MythicMobs is doing. If it's an easy tweak via Bukkit API or NMS then it should be easy to add.

Great questions ... "t" is the current iteration ("t"ime) and "i" is the total number of iterations. So you'll see me commonly use "t/i" - this gives a nice scale that goes linearly from 0 to 1 as the effect progresses.

The "select" function is something I put in to allow some simple branching logic in formulas. It does get a little complicated when used, but the logic is actually pretty simple- here's the code:

Code (Text):
    public double apply(double... args) {
                            if (args[0] < 0) return args[1];
                            else if (args[0] == 0) return args[2];
                            return args[3];
                        }
    So basically it takes 4 arguments. The first argument is the "control" variable. The function returns one of the other 3 arguments:
    • If the first argument is less than 0, the 2nd argument is returned
    • If arg1 is 0 (exactly) then the 3rd argument is returned
    • If arg2 is > 0 then the arg4 is returned

4. Hello NathanWolf. I'm sorry for the big post and thank you for your time if you read it.
    I am an old school long time mega fan of the all but dead plugin MagicSpells By Nisovin. RiP Albeit forked with effects lib.
    The old Nisovin magic only worked with ProtocolLib. It was discontinued years ago but worked amazingly up to 1.12.2
    Recently I have updated to 1.13.2 and sadly MagicSpells has completely died. I used it for years. Dev Nisovin left
    when Bukkit got DMCA take down, in a hurry too. His last dev version from 1.10 worked up to 1.12.2.
    Recently the web site that had all the references (masses) for the plugin's use and the download links are now 404. Gone.

Menus, disguises, particles, 100s of events triggers and reactions, perform vote rewards, Mod skills, conjure kits etc.
    I have used 100s of plugins and even made a few myself.
    MagicSpells is by far the best plugin I ever used. It's truly inspirational.
    It has a particularly huge set of triggers, variables and modifiers.
    I have written about 100000 lines of spells code since 1.7.8 for spells...
    MagicSpells is capable of replicating 100s of small plugins with ease.
    It has a built in Skript like language that puts the actual Skript to shame.

Passive trigger that could do anything. -
    On drop item, if holding item, if wearing item, on break block, place block, hit entity, click XYZ block Etc.
    Combined with a huge modifiers list such as -
    Is in light level, at eye level, in certain biome, HP is, exp over, has buff Etc.
    With ability to charge server ecconomy cash or any custom item as a cost or mana, or all for using spells.
    Added to the above pandora's box was a spell that runs any MC commands. Even 30000+ char
    long commands. This allows a fallback for cool things if the plugin falls behind in MC version it
    can still do awesome stuff using MC commands as part of the spells.
    Say particles and sound effect break for the plugin somewhere, NP, can just add MC command spells
    to play the new syntax sounds and particles instead. It temp OP the caster for that command for
    1 tick only.

I used magic to auto mute and warn chat abusers with a passive spell that triggered a command spell
    to auto mute them for 5 minutes on say any word or phrase in a huge facepalmable list of things nobody
    wants to see in chat. It worked. The trigger spell was set to add a +1 count to a stat also tracked by
    MagicSpells. If the trigger spell cast and that stat was 5 in any login session that player would auto
    IPban and kick themself. Now that's magic. The same spell was copied with a different list of phrases
    such as "How do I claim land?" "Land Claim?" and responded with anwers whispered to the player.
    With that your plugin is magic because it can automate server moderation. ... ? It would actually
    prevent the chat even being seen by others too. So fast!

Your plugin can do anything with enough passive trigger types and infinite reactions, infinite because
    a command spell can do anything that MC NBT or other plugin or group of plugins can do.

Just a few examples using some 1.12 syntax MC commands as spells,
    also using modifiers, variables and triggers.
    https://pastebin.com/0Gv9RFJ3
    2 Menu spells.
    2 Spawners.
    1 PvP kill reaction spell.
    1 OP Diamond stats Gold armor with zenchants and buffed attributes, tools gained with /kitpvp.
    1 Vote handler.
    1 Ore Tree

Please add command spell that has no limits to the size of command it runs.
    Your plugin could become a bridge for other plugins or be an enhancement for them.
    This would add massive functionality to your plugin and then it would do "anything".
    Not just spells.
    https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands
    Code (Text):
    FlFoGSSA1:
        spell-class: ".PassiveSpell"
        always-granted: true
        enabled: true
        name: FlFoGSSA1
        triggers:
            - blockbreak 5:1
            - blockbreak 95:12
            - blockbreak 89
            - blockbreak 88
            - blockbreak 126:1
            - blockbreak 60:7
            - blockbreak 2
            - blockbreak 3
            - blockbreak 1
            - blockbreak 12:1
            - blockbreak 104:7
            - blockbreak 105:7
        chance: 100
        cooldown: 0
        modifiers:
            - incuboid survival,-5663,58,1647,-5730,88,1462 required
        spells:
            - MPrvt1
        cancel-default-action: true
        cast-without-target: true
    Just the above tiny spell causes /warp foodfarm to be ungriefable except the food.
    XYZ to XYZ blockbreak prevention. Passive triggers allow this and so much more.
    It is so fast core protect dont even log the event, PreciousStones rollbacks for the
    farm dont record it, Jobs pays nothing etc. Passive triggers with modifiers!
    Technically it's just 1 spell because MPrvt1 is a dummy spell that does nothing.

You could get your plugin to utilise the power of other plugins such as World Edit.
    MagicSpells could run multi-spells that ran a list of //replacenear commands in order
    with setable delays between. /c villagetoquartz would terraform a nearby village to
    quartz, replacing all the stairs with the right facing direction ect. Lovely!

The player "just" needs to have level Jobs Miner 100 or higher at which point
    jobs gives them magicspells.grant.villagetoquartz permission automatically.
    For using the spell -10 jobs points is deducted from Miner. The spell is
    default bound to quartz ore. Only a miner 100+ can see/use it though.
    Must be in plains biome, must be at eye level 60 or higher, must have jobs level 100.

Thank you again for your consideration and time. I am sure your plugin already does
    giant amounts and seems very similar to MagicSpells with wands, books, cool particles
    and block control etc. Sadly.. unless I'm blind, looking at your plugin's references. It is
    missing a "Do any MC command" spell and the ability to apply modifiers and passive
    triggers, many
    . ?

MagicSpells the actual site is now gone, relics of old open source copies still exist
    but they are ancient. Pre 1.9 etc. (https://github.com/nisovin/MagicSpells)
    It would be a behemoth project to resurrect it for 1.13+ no doubt.
    I sincerely wish you and your github contributors all the best and much luck with Magic.
    So far your plugin looks extremely interesting but a bit bewildering :D I will
    get my head round it. I thank you. Your plugin has many more options than
    MagicSpells in a few ways
    . Perhaps add a command spell some time?

RiP MagicSpells. .... He was a good man! Still a hero in 1.8 - 1.12.2

#4086 Jabbablocker, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. Magic does have the ability to run any Minecraft command.
    By instance, this code:

Code (YAML):
    Harp:
        name
    : Harp
        icon
    : gold_record
        category
    : music
        show_undoable
    : false
        actions
    :
          cast
    :
          - class
    : Command
            command
    : playsound minecraft:block.note.harp record @a ~ ~ ~ 1 1
            command
    : playsound minecraft:block.note.harp record @a ~ ~ ~ 1 0.841
          - class
    : Delay
            delay
    : 200
        parameters
    :
            total_duration
    : 5000
            warmup
    : 5000
            loud
    : true
            cooldown
    : 15000
            target
    : self
        cots
    :
            mana
    : 50
    Since 1.13 changed a lot how commands work I'm not entirely sure if that plays the note blocks as intended...but the main idea is there though :)

Basically just use the - class: Command and use whatever minecraft command you want.
    You can also specify the command in the parameters section. Passive things like, invulnerability, 24/7 potions and such things are also possible, take a look at the Wolf wand in the defaults.

If I can give a suggestion though, Magic is a very versatile and incredible plugin for pretty much anything, but by reading your text I feel Skript should do some amazing stuff for you (like the ungriefable food spell you posted) so why not combine them? every tool was made for a specific job :)

Regarding Nisovin's MagicSpells lost content, have you ever used https://archive.org/web/ ? you can probably resurrect a few things from there. I honestly was never a fan of MagicSpells plugin, yet hope this helps you (y)

• Like Like x 2
  6. It there a way to turn down the intensity of the particle effects of spells server side? I'm not sure if it's just the 1.13.2 version of Minecraft or changes to the plugin or if it's the fact that I used OptiFine last time I used this plugin heavily, which was when guns were added, but many particle rich spells lag my game terribly when cast. I have a gaming rig with a 4GB allocation to Minecraft. Can't think of the spells of the top of my head as I'm not at my computer while typing this (Using phone). I love this plugin, the customizations, control, and functions, as well as the sheer fun of it all, but I fear particles might break things when I start trying to get players xD Thanks for your time.

7. Yes, unfortunately it is because of 1.13 changes in the client. Mojang did *something* to the particle system and now it lags like crazy. There's been a bug open since 1.13 was in snapshots but it seems like they don't care much.

I have been reducing particles on some of the heavier spells, but no there is no way to turn them down globally. It's a lot of work, as you might imagine, to go mess with the effects of 200 spells... especially since I don't really want to nerf the effects and I hope that Mojang fixes whatever they broke eventually.

So that said if there are any spells that are particularly bad, let me know and I'll try to tone them down.

So MagicSpells is definitely not dead.They are working on 1.13 support, and looking for a new host for their web content. They do have an active Discord if you want to drop in: https://discord.gg/6kbWwR

Thanks to @Atrelyu you have found the Command action. There are no passive triggers for players yet, a few for mobs. I'm not super interested in MagicSpells or what it does though- so if you are happy with that plugin I suggest you stick with it! 1.13 support is coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Makes sense then... hopefully Mojang is able to sort it out. Meanwhile, I have tried using things while running an OptiFine client and can confirm that the particles do not lag anywhere near as bad as a vanilla client. I can now cast spells without regard and move around fine. For the time being anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good morning update the paper for the current version (paperclip-498.jar) and imagine this message:

12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO [Magic] Enabling Magic v7.6.18-a628e02
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] WARN An error has occurred, the handling of block entities may not work well
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftWorld.getTileEntityAt (int, int, int)
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO in java.lang.Class.getMethod (Unknown Source) ~ [?: 1.8.0_131]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.utility.NMSUtils.initialize (NMSUtils.java:906) ~ [?:?]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.magic.MagicPlugin.onEnable (MagicPlugin.java:171) ~ [?:?]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled (JavaPlugin.java:254) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin (JavaPluginLoader.java:326) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin (SimplePluginManager.java:405) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugin (CraftServer.java:441) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.enablePlugins (CraftServer.java:355) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO on net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.l (MinecraftServer.java:608) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO on net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a (MinecraftServer.java:570) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO in net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.a (MinecraftServer.java:431) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.DedicatedServer.init (DedicatedServer.java:316) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run (MinecraftServer.java:786) ~ [patched_1.13.2.jar: git-Paper-498]
    12.01 08:11:22 [Server] INFO in java.lang.Thread.run (Unknown Source) [?: 1.8.0_131]

Can you help me?

10. "Resource Pack

For the full Magic experience, you will also want to use the Magic resource pack. As of Magic 6.0, the resource pack will be provided for you automatically if you don't have one set in server.properties.

This plugin is not useable without the resource pack, if you don't want the RP there will be a bit of customizing you'll need to do in Magic's configs.

If upgrading from a previous version of Magic where you were using the official RP, it is recommended that you remove the RP from your server.properties."

I would rather merge this over into my pack but I do not like forcing RP through the default download due to issues with large packs freezing up. In the config itself the only thing available is:

# Disable the resource pack
    # default_resource_pack: ""

which i'm not even sure I understand what this means. How do I disable the entire Automatic Download stuff since neither the wiki or config is clear.

11. You can go to your defaults folder>config and find "resource_pack:"
    Changing the value to: resource_pack: "" should turn off the default resource pack download and allow other plugins to manage this.
    Alternatively and only if you want to turn off all resource pack functionality, you can add this to your config.yml: enable_resource_pack: false

I don't recommend neither of those though! Simply adding your own resource pack to your server.properties should override Magic default resource pack so that's what I suggest.

@NathanWolf EssentialsX just got updated providing full support for 1.13.2 but Magic seems to send some Warnings on server Start.
    Here's the log: https://hastebin.com/ogomeqideh.makefile

I guess it's something regarding their database changes since now items don't possess a numerical ID, yet again I'm just guessing.

Aditionally, please take a look to my older post when you have time, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Magic doesn't really ignore damage, it's up to the PvP plugin to do that. If it's not blocking spell damage then it needs to be changed to handle thrown potions (that's how magic sends spell damage)

Sorry I missed this one (and the one before it)!

So for your TP spell- is this different then how Blink works? Is it just that you only want it to work when targeting specific blocks? If so I think you can use CheckBlock for that.

Unfortunately I don't support multiple pages directly in shops- it's something I'd love to add. So I think your only option there is to organize them into sections yourself, and have a top-level menu where the player chooses a section.

You can do this one of two ways:
    1. Use nested Selectors. Each option in a selector can have an actions list it runs, that can include another Selector with actions. So you can make a nested menu all in one spell.
    2. Use sub-spells. So each group of appearances would have its own separate shop spell, and then you have one main shop spell that casts the sub-spells, making your nested menu.

This was fixed in 7.6.19, please update.

What you probably want though is to turn on skull icons, otherwise (as it says) the plugin is really not useable.

"example: skulls" in config.yml will do that.

Thanks for the head's up! Yeah I'm guessing they changed some things there... hopefully I can still integrate, what I was doing before was always really hacky.