Spigot Magic 10.0.3

Add fully customizable magic wands, items, spells, mobs and more to your server!

1. waiting about 2 years for completed version of attributes

how soon will we get it?

2. Hello! First of all, this plug in is amazing and its so much fun to work with. I was wondering what the best way to add a new wand texture was if possible? Please take your time by the looks of it you are getting swarmed by requests.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. NathanWolf

Supporter

Completed in what way? What exactly are you waiting for?

So the hardest part of that is adding it to the resource pack. That'll take a bit of RP know-how, are you experienced in that at all?

It will be a bit easier in the future when we can fully switch over to using item extra data... but for now I've got a pretty good guide set up:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicPlugin/wiki/ResourcePack#customizing

That's the basic idea of it, if you need more specific pointers let me know, but the basics of RP editing are a little out of the scope of what I can help with.

Once you have the RP set up, in your wand config you just change the damage value to the new one.

4. when the attributes will affect the health of the player, his mana, etc.?

5. Ok thank you. I'll let you know If I have success with this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NathanWolf

Supporter

I believe that's all been doable. You can use attributes in class config files, so you could have mana or vanilla health scaled based on attributes.

Here's a class from the example configs with attribute-based health:

Code (Text):

constituted:
      inherit: base
      entity_attributes:
        generic_max_health: "constitution * 2"

The same should work for mana or anything else you can put in a class config.

Sorry that none of this is very clear. I think the system has been done for years, but I have not had time to make proper example RPG configs, nor will I probably ever have the time for that.

7. thank you so much for your answer!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I use a custom resource pack, specifically from a plugin called ItemsAdder. Is there any way to create your own wands and stuff or do you have to use the pre-sets?

9. NathanWolf

Supporter

Oh yeah of course. You could also combine the two resource packs, but everything in this plugin is config-driven. You could either start from scratch or just change the icons used for the builtin wands.

Info on combining the RPs is here: https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicPlugin/wiki/ResourcePack

I took a quick look at ItemsAdder, but I can't tell which items they are using. It may be difficult to merge the two, but should be doable. If you are on 1.14+ you could also switch to using CustomItemData instead of damage, which may make it easier to overlap the two. I'll be switching over to that for the default configs in a future update... whenever I have the time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. what is "unspentstatpoints" here? is that new progression mechanic?

11. NathanWolf

Supporter

That is an example from a user that uses attributes to track a stat point system, like you can earn and spend points to upgrade your stats.

I'm not actually that familiar with it, and it's honestly probably the kind of thing that should be implemented in a more core way, but I probably won't be doing that anytime soon.

Basically you can do a lot of really cool things with attributes, and some people have done, but a lot of it feels like stuff that should be implemented inside the plugin directly, such as a nice system to earn and spend stat points.

12. Is it possible to make an item that adds a certain amount of attribute? for example, a sword that gives you +5 strength

13. Can magic make particles move in the specified direction? Like the plug-in "prodigygadget"

14. NathanWolf

Supporter

Hm, yes I think so- it'd have to be a "wand" item (doesn't have to have spells or anything), and I believe you just put an "attributes" section on it just like you would a class. They should be additive, IIRC

I believe certain particles' direction is determined by the "data" value. As far as I know you can tweak all the properties of particles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks man. This is flawless. Another question. Where can I get any docs about the parameters of a spell? I don't know what can i use in parameters like "damage" or "radius" etc...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Now that the redstone dust particle can be random/rainbow again in Minecraft, would it be possible to implement a 'random' color for colorable particles for spells and such for spell creation, if it isn't already possible? I would try setting the individual RGB for a rainbow beam spell I was trying to make, but the configuration files use hexcodes.

17. Or better yet, could we have a rainbow wand effect, if possible?

18. Is it possible to have it so that players can purchase the spells with a custom magic item;
    For example I have created an item called "Spell Token" how would I make it so that players can purchase spells using that item & that item only ?

19. Just, also noticed that you can create custom currencies in the config, would it be possible to make it so that you have to purchase spells with that currency for example I put this in the config;

custom_currency:
    default: 0