Spigot Magic 8.1

Add fully customizable magic wands, items, spells, mobs and more to your server!

1. We've been 1.16-compatible since the first day it was out.

Which was, unfortunately, before Spigot added the 1.16 checkbox in the "Tested versions" list, and then I forgot to go back and check it :ROFLMAO:

Fixed now. Plugin works fine in 1.16.

You would need one of two things:

1. A permissions plugin that supports per-world permissions. Negate the "Magic.wand.use" permission in your non-magic world
    2. WorldGuard, set the "blocked-spells" flag to "*" in the global region of your non-magic world

2. Is there a way using the API / Skript/Mirror for me to know if the player is on cooldown for a spell?
    More specifically, during the preCastEvent I guess.

Edit:
    Found it!
    event.getSpell().getRemainingCooldown()

#4562 Sordrin, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Can I change which items the plugin replaces? Such as if I wanted to use an infested_stone block rather than taking up the slot for diamonds axe, could I? I know how to make custom items in a resource pack.

4. is there any FactionsUUID integration with Magic plugin?

5. The RP doesn't take up the slot for anything, really.

That said it's all about to change in 8.0 if you're using 1.16, so you may just want to wait.

But yes everything is changeable, it's all config-based :)

There is support for 3 different flavors of Factions but I forget which ones they are and don't know if it still works or not. Best to just try it out, but I don't plan on supporting Factions any further. It's too hard to support a plugin that has so many different versions that all claim to be the same thing, none offer an API, and all differ wildly internally.

If anyone wants to make bridge plugins for them that'd be pretty easy to do, Magic has a nice API for registering build/break/pvp/friendly fire handlers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just moved to a new server and copied over all the files. For some reason players are no longer receiving the beginner wand on first join. How do I make that work?

7. Did you copy your config.yml?
    Normally that's done with something like
    Code (Text):
    welcome_wand: wand
    In your config.yml. Wands aren't given by default so you may have forgotten to copy something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ahh I figured it out. I originally had this setup in a different world folder and changed it to default "world". I hadn't deleted the user data files from magic on change as well, so that likely had something to do with it. Seems to be working now! Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Fantastic mod thanks for taking the time to create and post!

thanks so much for the easy customization yaml files to hack and have fun with!

Looking forward to 8.0!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Hey you're welcome!

I'm looking forward to it, too... any day now, I hope!

11. NathanWolf updated Magic with a new update entry:

Survival Rebalance, Resource Pack Re-Work, Web-Based Config Editor and More!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. NathanWolf updated Magic with a new update entry:

Hotfix for config loading, secure, language, and arrows

13. NathanWolf updated Magic with a new update entry:

More Hotfixes for 8.0!

14. NathanWolf updated Magic with a new update entry:

Hotfixes (It's always hotfixes now between major versions!)

15. Whenever I cast a spell the cast count doesn't go up. I see that dtlTraders is incompatible with this and I have it on my server. Would this be the reason?

16. Probably not. When you cast the spell, are you succeeding with it? Like for combat spells you have to hit a mob, that kind of thing.

17. Does this plugin need any texture pack?

18. This was the problem! Thank you so much Nathan.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Welcome here :)

It is not required, but it does make for a much better experience. There are lots of unique wand appearances, rideable broomsticks, unique icons for all the spells and custom sounds.

But I have also tried to make it really useable without the RP, all the spells use unique items for the icons, and there's also an option to turn on icons that use player skulls with custom textures.

You can see the differences in the intro video if you want, or try it out at the demo server mine.elmakers.com