Managed Hosting or Un managed hosting.

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Maria_Williams, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Which type of hosting is better for website. A friend of mine has referred me to host my website on DigitalOcean. In my search for the reliable hosting, I encounter two types of hosting service. Either I go for the un managed version of DigitalOcean hosting which is provided by DO or should I go for the managed digitalOcean cloud hosting which is provided by Cloudways.

2. You might be more interested in looking into a web hosting company, it will most likely be cheaper, and they'll have a panel like cPanel installed, rather than you having to do it via command line.

Managed hosting = You can ask them to do stuff on your server and they'll do it, I think it's pretty useless, although that's probably because I know my way around a Linux server

3. if your doing website based stuff then a reseller package with cpanel installed is the way to go, if your doing other stuff on it or intead on doing other stuff on it, then a unmanaged server is the way to go. it all depends on your use case

4. If you use a managed website hosting company, they will handle everything with the hardware, network, operating system, web server, MySQL server, PHP, updates/upgrades, etc, including security-related patches. So you only have to worry about your content (which may involve programming in PHP or database queries, etc).

Here's a host I used years ago, they were top-notch when I used them: https://www.pair.com/webhosting/shared.html
    There's a 100 day money-back guarantee.