Maven Repository

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by dmulloy2, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hey y'all!

My maven repository had a catastrophic failure, so I'm looking into alternate hosting solutions. One that came to mind was the Spigot maven repository. Is there an application / password or can you just point your pom to it?

Thanks!

2. Do you need a place to upload, store and manage your own repositories? If that is the case, then I recommend Sonatype Nexus. I've used it at my old workplace for over a year with my colleagues and we never had any problems with it. The only drawback I could think of is that it's not free.

This might not be what you're looking for if you work alone on your projects and/or need a simple, straight-forward repository manager

3. The self hosted option is free: https://www.sonatype.com/download-oss-sonatype

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's what I was using. My whole setup is pretty much dead.

That's the repository I was referring to. I was wondering what the requirements for hosting my plugins on there (if available)

5. electronicboy

IRC Staff

You'd need to drop a message to @md_5 and ask him about it, he should respond to a PM, or might even respond here if he has pings on ;P

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Plugin needs to be built on ci.md-5.net to be uploaded to repo.md-5.net
    The repo at hub.spigotmc.org is spigot/bukkit only.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out virtual hosts and have a solution

#8 dmulloy2, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  8. MiniDigger

Supporter

well, it would still be cool to have protocollib build on md-5.net. noticed that your repo was slow before. protocollib is something many developers depend on, it should be hosted reliably. it would also allow you to focus more on development (idk about you, but I hate dealing with devops stuff)

9. Yeah everything was quite stable until this weekend and it should be stable going forward. System adminstration is a pain I agree, but I'm at least somewhat good at it