MC Control Panel Idea

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Stef, May 29, 2016.

?

Would you used this?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. With more features (let me know which features)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hey,

I currently have an idea of making a mc control panel where you can manage and analyze your server. This will contain two parts: a plugin on your server, and an application where you can manage your server from. Currently I have these things in mind:

• Show online players/max players and make a line graph to show the online players over time period.
    • See console messages and send messages from the console.
    • See information about online players (e.g. member since, name, uuid, etc.)
    • A graph showing the server's tps over time.
    • Plugin management panel
      • Enable/disable plugins
      • Remove plugins
    • Option to stop/reload your server
    • Tasks which execute commands on certain time periods
    My question is, would you be interested in using this? Let me know what you think of it and if I should include other features.

2. There's already tons of server panels with all of these features (and more). Also if you want the ability to stop and start your server, you'll probably need a wrapper for the server as well.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm saying if you intend to make something like this, you should consider adding features to it to make it better than the other panels :p

3. Could you provide some links to these panels so I can see what features fhey have?

4. Of course:
    There's probably a few more, but that's what I know off the top of my head.

5. Thank you, I'll look into their features and see if there is anything interesting in there.