Suggestion MCPE

Discussion in 'Community Feedback and Suggestions' started by Qeis2007, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Can we got a Spigot for MCPE? So, you can work with the MCPE server software. Like PocketMine, Nukkit, or anything else.

2. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

I don't really see the current spigot devs working on something like this tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pretty sure there was one made for Mineplex by md...

4. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

I wouldn't be surprised if money was involved then

5. There was, it will never be public though.
    They said yes on stream a few months back.

6. Optic_Fusion1

Resource Staff

Id personally look into it, however i don't have the game or a device that can even run it, so i couldn't properly test

7. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Well MCPE/Bedrock support is already possible with different solutions. Either by using a plugin or a proxy to translate the protocol (e.g. with ProtocolSupport or DragonProxy) or by using one of the completely newly written softwares like PocketMine or Nukkit + a plugin to add the Bukkit API.

These solutions already give the ability to use both, the Bukkit API and Bedrock clients at the same time so trying to add the Bedrock protocol directly into Spigot isn't really necessary. You also have to remember that CraftBukkit/Spigot is built on top of the official Vanilla server - but there is no official Bedrock server software which could be used as a reference so any attempt at adding it to CraftBukkit/Spigot would in the end just do the same thing as ProtocolSupport: Re-implement a reverse-engineered bedrock protocol on top of the Vanilla Java server which comes with all the downsides (a lot updates and potential errors, also mechanical differences to the Bedrock behaviour).