1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Memory Leek - Contant Downtime now

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by SexyMime, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Please help me, recently I have noticed a massive memory leek on my server.
    16 gigs of ram gets used up in less than 6 hours...I cannot locate the issue either.
    Crash Log: http://pastebin.com/
    Plugins:
    RealWeather, ColourMotd, GroupManager, BukkitCompat, AllNewJoin, EzSoup, Buycraft, Vault, ExtraExplosion, FusionMessage, TradeMod, MChat, Shopkeepers, CraftBay, Permissions, AntiAdvertising, DragonAntiPvPLeaver, FancyText, PluginSpy, DrugMeUp, Tracking-Plugin, ProtocolLib, Votifier, OtherZombies, mcMMO, TabAPI, GAListener, LagMeter, HideStream, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, AntiBot, TagAPI, EnderChestBlocker, SimpleExtras, FireWorkLogin, HealthBar, ScoreboardStats, PlayerHeads, ScoreboardAPI, WorldGuard, PvPTimer, boosCooldowns, BorderGuard, NoEnderChest, OPLock, CraftArrows, FusionDamage, MonsterFix, ZavAutoMessager, Auto arm, FirstJoinPlus, MoneyDrop, Essentials, TabConfig, SilkSpawners, DisguiseCraft, EssentialsChat, SilkSpawnersEcoAddon, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsAntiBuild, Factions, MobDisguisePVPControl, FactionTagPlayer

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. joehot200

Supporter

The pastebin link you sent dosent work. Can you make a new one?

And give us the logs just before the crash too if you don't mind.

3. Sorry bout that, http://pastebin.com/h6rtzn42

4. joehot200

Supporter

5. I can provide this next time it crashes, but otherwise is there no other way of locating the RAM LEAK issue?

6. joehot200

Supporter

I believe not.

It appears the server/plugin was trying to make a new thread - and failed. However, i can find out more than that.
    Problem is, the "suspicious classes" is so big that i cant find which one did it.

I'll re-look through it, but otherwise, i just cant find it.

7. joehot200

Supporter

Do you have any plugins made by someone called "avaje"?

8. Yeah its getting in my nerves, running a server for over 1 year now and never seen a memory leek this bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. joehot200

Supporter

I know what you mean.... my worst memory leak was 3.5GB RAM running out in 16 hours.

10. My server cant stay up over 10 hours, ram just drains.

11. Uptime: 0 Days, 5 Hours, 3 Minutes

CPU Usage: 5%

RAM Usage: 52%

7770/14922MB

12. joehot200

Supporter

Is it possible you could use /timings to find out the cause?

13. Dont think timings would help.

14. If I were you, I'd start by removing some of the redundant plugins you have.

15. I also have an unsolved memory leak... i have went as far as disabling every single plugin on the server, changing spigot and craftbukkit builds, moving the spawn on it to a different map, and disabling the old one, changing the startup script.... and It still ran out of ram. Mine will run out in 3-5 hours, with 14gb allocated

16. What is your start up script?

17. md_5

Administrator Developer

Is this the leek you were looking for?
    [​IMG]

In all serious instead of a useless mush of plugins and no info about your server configuration and expecting one of us to go and install and configure all those plugins onto our server and wait until we have reproduced the leak, and then 1 by 1 disable each plugin until the leak stops, why not just get a profiler such as YourKit and give us a heap dump to look through.

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. LMFAO, I was just about to post about that but you topped me.

19. Out of a 700MB Heap Dumb, on my hub, 500MB of it is player objects..