Spigot Message Blocker [1.8 - 1.15] 1.0.3

Block annoying chat messages from the Minecraft vanilla server, plugins or players.

1. Krymonota submitted a new resource:

Message Blocker - Block annoying chat messages from the Minecraft vanilla server, plugins or players.

Read more about this resource...

2. PawPawDude

Supporter

Hello, I've posted an issue on Github. Thanks.

3. What a nice plugin!
    can I transfer this plugins to a Chinese forum? (MCBBS.NET)
    I will translate this plugin and mark your name in the post.
    I am a Chinese:)

4. Yes, according to the license used, you may redistribute the plugin as long as you indicate changes you've made (if there are any), disclose the source code if you've made changes, keep the original license and don't remove any copyright notice :)

It would be great if you additionally link to the SpigotMC page to ensure that users always have the possibility to download the latest updates and to stay informed about changes to the plugin description if the resource on that website becomes outdated for some reason.

5. Ok! I have uploaded it to the forum according to your requirements:)

6. Cannot run on 1.15.2 paperspigot。
    Error occurred while enabling MessageBlocker v1.0.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
    at store.mc_resources.message_blocker.MessageBlocker.onEnable(MessageBlocker.java:84) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:435) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:470) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:384) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:482) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142] at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:298) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:885) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-142]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_242]
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find method null ([class net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.ServerConnection]).
    at store.mc_resources.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getTypedMethod(Reflection.java:242) ~[?:?]
    at store.mc_resources.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getMethod(Reflection.java:203) ~[?:?]
    at store.mc_resources.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getTypedMethod(Reflection.java:240) ~[?:?]
    at store.mc_resources.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.TinyProtocol.<clinit>(TinyProtocol.java:58) ~[?:?]
    ... 10 more

7. The PaperSpigot 1.15.2 version you're using was compiled with Java 11 or newer. Unfortunately, there's currently no easy way for me to support these newer Java versions. The Java Reflection API is heavily used in this project, and since the Java compiler has changed since Java 11, I'd have to rewrite some of this code. A change of the implementation is currently not feasible for me due to lack of time. I'm sorry.

8. Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin to load on my paper-185 (self built on openjdk 8), but am receiving following error on load:

Code (Java):
    [16:42:33 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling MessageBlocker v1.0.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
    at software.krymo.minecraft.spigot.message_blocker.MessageBlocker.onEnable(MessageBlocker.java:85) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:263) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:364) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:483) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:470) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_15_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:384) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:487) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:298) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:891) ~[patched_1.15.2.jar:git-Paper-"24d93aaf"]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_242]
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find method null ([class net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.ServerConnection]).
    at software.krymo.minecraft.spigot.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getTypedMethod(Reflection.java:242) ~[?:?]
    at software.krymo.minecraft.spigot.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getMethod(Reflection.java:203) ~[?:?]
    at software.krymo.minecraft.spigot.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.Reflection.getTypedMethod(Reflection.java:240) ~[?:?]
    at software.krymo.minecraft.spigot.message_blocker.lib.com.comphenix.tinyprotocol.TinyProtocol.<clinit>(TinyProtocol.java:58) ~[?:?]
    ... 10 more
    Code (Text):
    This server is running Paper version git-Paper-"24d93aaf"
    Any hints/tips? I'm looking to remove the "Respawn point set" message, if you can tell me a work around for this message specifically it would be appreciated!

9. Does this work with 1.16.2? I can test it out for y'all if you need me to and report back.

10. Hi!
    Could you add an option for replacing the message?

For example:
    Code (Text):

mode: 'exact'
        ignore_case: true
        bypass_permission:
        replace-with: "You are not allowed to say that!"