Spigot MessageAnnouncer 1.11.0

JSON message interval announcements with multiple lines and support for tons of placeholders!

1. clip

Benefactor

extended_clip submitted a new resource:

MessageAnnouncer - JSON message interval announcements with multiple lines and support for tons of placeholders!

Read more about this resource...

2. clip

Benefactor

3. Can you add a command to do /msa broadcast <> To broadcast a message once

4. clip

Benefactor

I will be adding commands to broadcast a specified message: on command soon.

5. <3

6. Does it have its own placeholders or only if you use DChat? (And if it does, can you list them?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Could you please add placeholders that come with the plugin? Some of us don't have dChat or/and don't want to buy it.

8. clip

Benefactor

You can use %player% and %online% but I will not be adding support for 100s of placeholders on its own.

9. Can you add maybe not 100s but things like %balance% %prefix% %suffix% and maybe some others?

And maybe later you can add an API to send a message for plugins?

10. clip

Benefactor

Possibly. What do you mean add an API though?

11. Well you said you would add /msa broadcast. I thought maybe you can add something like MSA.broadcast(String msg); so if we wanted to send a JSON style text message.

12. clip

Benefactor

Well, I guess you could if you wanted to already:

Code (Text):
        public void sendJoinMessage(Player p) {
            MessageAnnouncer.sendAnnouncement(p, new Announcement("Welcome", "{\"text\": \"Welcome to the server!\"}"));
        }

13. Disc

Supporter

Oh my god I have wanted something like this forever. Thank you so much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Disc

Supporter

@extended_clip I was wondering if you could possibly add a command to send a player a message? For example: /messageannouncer send <player> <msg>

I'd love to be able to send a player individual messages that they can interact with. Mostly for links and such.

15. clip

Benefactor

Yeah, I am already working on a cool system to send messages by command, also store messages to send by keyword later.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Disc

Supporter

Already ahead of me haha. Alright I can't wait for it, sounds great!

• Like Like x 1
  17. clip

Benefactor

extended_clip updated MessageAnnouncer with a new update entry:

Added new system to store json messages that aren't announced on interval, new commands, etc

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. clip

Benefactor

No, the && would be used if you wanted to chain multiple json components together on the same line:
    Code (Text):
    '{"text":"Hey  ","color":"green"}&&{"text":"MrEminent42","color":"white","hoverEvent":{"action":"show_text","value":{"text":"","extra":[{"text":"some tooltip text","color":"yellow"}]}}}'
    To do a new line, you would just add a new line to the message:

Code (Text):
    - '{"text":"some text"}'
    - '{"text":"line 2"}'