Method to set biomes besides WorldEdit?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Lordcre_, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Hello! I'm not exactly sure where this thread should be posted so I'll put it here for now and hope that it's right!

I'm looking for a way to manually (or automatically) set biomes to an artificially made map that is thousands of blocks long/wide. I know MCEdit has the ability to do so but I don't think it works for any version above 1.13? The map is made in version 1.15.2.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Java perhaps? Potentially by looking through a chunk, collecting information on what blocks/block types are within that chunk and if the blocks match >50% of the blocks a desert would have logically- set the biome of those blocks to desert? That obviously won't be the most reliable way- it's just a proof of concept.

I don't know if it's a realistic goal to try to create this. Let me know what you think or if there is a resource already out there that can help!

2. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/paradise-land-1-8-8-1-15-x-20-off-skyworld-generator.28056/

3. Why can't you just use WorldEdit? I would recommend worldedit and go to spectator mode and scroll the mouse wheel to zoom around and you can do it eaisly.

4. I don't think this will help with what I need done?

This is definitely an option, but before I do so, I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas that might be more beneficial.

5. Not that i know of, there is no better tool than WorldEdit. Unless you want to try and learn Java and make a custom plugin for it which will take longer.