Migrating Data from Vanilla to Spigot Server

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by InfernalCrusader, Feb 20, 2020.

1. We are currently playing on a 1.15.1 Vanilla Server with some friends and would like to migrate data such as world data and player inventory/ ender chest inventory, etc... to a Spigot Server so we could implement some plugins. Seeing as tho we have no prior knowledge with migrating data from servers and installing plugins, I wonder if there are any usefull threads in which we can find instructions on how to do it. I'm having difficulty finding a guide on how to migrate the data so if anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic!

Thank you in advance.

2. I guess you already know how to install spigot.

Just copy your old world folders (world, world_nether, world_the_end) and paste it to your new server directory - via a FTP or, if you use a minecraft hosting. built-in file manager.

3. You shouldn't have any problems just overriding the vanilla jar with a spigot jar and running that. When you run spigot it will generate a few new files and folders, you'll have to accept the EULA and then you're good to go, but make a backup just in case.

4. Copy your worlds somewhere as a backup. Then delete any current worlds on the spigot server. Then move the old worlds to the spigot server files and launch it.

5. As far as I'm aware you can do this without any issues. The only thing that is required is downloading the spigot jar and uploading it. After that you just need to change the startup parameters and start the server. A few things to note:
    - Always make a backup before changing major things like this.
    - Make sure the spigot and vanilla versions are the same.