Minecart issiues

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by xlis1, May 1, 2017.

1. I have some code that spawns a armor stand and a minecart, and then places the armor stand in the minecart. that all works

My question is, can you make it so players can still sit in the cart? and can you make the armor stand inherit the carts rotation?

2. You could make the player ride the mine cart but I don't believe you'll be able to give it two riders.

As for the rotation yes you can you'll just need to know when the minecarts rotation changes you can teleport the armor stand after you get the minecarts direction to make them match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. To get around the first limitation, you could change the rider and then when the player exits the minecart you could swap the riders around again. Might work for your scenario.

4. You could also make the player ride the armor stand that is riding the minecarts or swap them making the player always be on bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Contrary to what people believe, yes. You can have many riders of a cart at once.
    https://github.com/OvercastNetwork/SportBukkit/blob/master/CraftBukkit/Multi-passenger-API.patch