MINECON 2015 - SpigotMC Community Lunch

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Hi everyone,

After much deliberation we have decided that we will be hosting a SpigotMC community lunch on Sunday the 5th of July at the Ramada Hotel Docklands, which is a short walk across the road from the ExCeL London exhibition center where MINECON will be held: https://goo.gl/maps/aavwA

The food menu will be option 5, which was the most popular selection from those who voted via email (https://goo.gl/9TAQHW), so hopefully between the combination of four starters, four mains and four desserts there is something that suits you. The lunch will be three courses of full table service and soft drinks will be provided at each table.

It is open to all members of the SpigotMC community (regardless of age or whether they are coming to MINECON itself) and their guests at a cost of £30 per person. There is room for lots of people at the restaurant (and based on current numbers we do not expect to fill the restaurant), however in the unlikely event that we do need to limit numbers, attendees will be selected based on when they made their payment, so get in early!

Bookings are open now, and will close on or before the 4th of June. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and to help assist with the organization process!

Book Here: http://www.spigotmc.org/pages/minecon-2015-lunch/

As we are currently unaware of the exhibition schedule for that day, we are aiming to have everyone at the restaurant by 12:00pm so that we can begin service as soon as possible (it can take a long time to serve ~70 meals). Alcoholic beverages are not included in the pricing, and due to large numbers they would need to be pre ordered. Information on this will be sent via email after we have confirmed numbers.

Looking forward to seeing you there,
    @md_5 @Thinkofdeath @cindy_k @brajo @jflory7

#1 md_5, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cindy_k

IRC Staff Wiki Team Patron

Yay! Food! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I don't care much for minecon, but this is extremely tempting...
    Too bad I live in Denmark. I already have one vacation to pay for this summer :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. @md_5 are you going to the minecrack meetup?

• Like Like x 1
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Not at this point.

7. Can't wait to see you all there ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I want to go so bad. Too bad Minecon was too expensive for me this year..

10. Cldfire

Cldfire Retired Moderator
    Retired

Have fun everyone! Wish I could be there (could care a less about minecon but would love to meet the community).

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

12. ChadTheDJ

Patron

Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see you all there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Can I take a selfie with you if I see you?

14. md_5

Administrator Developer

Maybe. You will surely see me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Awesome, is this like a panel but with the spigotmc community?

16. Will seats be assigned per person or do we choose?
    Will there be any arrangement of knowing who is who (spigot name or something) when we meetup? :p

17. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, this is just food with the SpigotMC community

Unsure about seating - we have added the group name so you can be with people you know if we assign seats.
    Yes there will be nametags.

#18 md_5, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  18. How about a Spigotmc cake at the end of the lunch?

• Winner Winner x 5
  19. Sorry for some may questions :rolleyes: What do you think the limit is for the people allowed in the restaurant?

I might take my pet elephant with me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.