Minecon, Donations, Spending, T-Shirts

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

It’s been a week and a half since we have opened the Spigot project up to donations and we must say, the support we have seen from our community and supporters has been astonishing. During these past two weeks we have also added some new features to Spigot and BungeeCord. One of the major features in Spigot is support for the latest snapshots, however this has been temporarily disabled until the next snapshot due to Mojang accidentally introducing an authentication exploit. Work was also started on native cipher support for BungeeCord, and we should be seeing that code being introduced soon. As well the final designs for Spigot T-shirts are currently being reviewed, and we will be opening to orders soon. We anticipate each shirt will cost about $10, with about $5 extra for US postage, and $10 extra for anywhere else in the world. We will keep you posted once we have decided on the design and pricing.

Donations have been going great, and we thank everyone who has contributed money so far, however we are still only just over halfway towards our Minecon funding goal, meaning we still need nearly $1000 to reach our goal and almost all the donations we have received so far were in the first few days. As mentioned in the original post we were working towards forum ranks to recognise the contributions of individuals to the project. To this effect I am pleased to announce the following major donation ranks, and those who have received each of them.

Patron - $500
    Benefactor - $250
    Supporter - $100
    Everyone who donates enough to total one of the above ranks, will receive a shiny forum badge similar to what us staff and developers already wear, to show their outstanding contribution to the project. We don’t expect everyone to be able to contribute this much to Spigot, which is why we will also be introducing medals for smaller contribution amounts. Unlike the badges above, these medals will stack, and you will be able to wear them all to show the amount which you have contributed. In addition to getting a shiny badge or medal as a donor, you will also receive access to our super secret donors forum (which may or may not exist), where you can hang out with other server owners and developers in what will hopefully be an environment with a higher signal to noise ratio.

Over the coming day(s), where possible, I will try to allocate badges/medals to everyone who has donated so far. However please note that due to variations in email addresses, this may not be entirely possible. If you have not received your badge within the next 24-48 hours, please message me with your PayPal transaction numbers and I will get your rank applied ASAP. Additionally if other owners of your server are also active members of the community, they too can receive the same badge as you. The following is a complete list of all medals available.

$5 - Cake (not to be used alone)
    $10 - Redstone
    $20 - Lapis Lazuli
    $30 - Gold
    $50 - Diamond
    $100 - Emerald
    $125 - Nether Star

Finally, as it is the end of the month, here is the spending report for the last few weeks. As you can see most of it went to Minecon, however we did aquire the shiny spi.gt domain which will be put to good use.
    [​IMG]

If you have any more ideas for donation perks, please let us know below, otherwise keep the donations flowing, and lets put up one of the best Minecon booths out there!

~Spigot Team

PS: I have just received our booth number from Mojang, and am proud to announce that Spigot and Intreppid will be representing at booth #11.

#1 md_5, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. joehot200

Supporter

Looks good :)
    I am however not sure about donate X amount for X rank. Shoulden't all donators be the same?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. AlexM850

Patron

Woot! Glad to support you guys, md_5. <3

Oh, just for reference i've donated this much: http://i.imgur.com/74hZV6M.png ;)

As long as you guys keep donations open i will be supporting Spigot and Bungeecord both by donating monthly if it continues to stay open. :) You guys do a great job moderating the spigot forums, continuing to improve Spigot and Bungeecord, and providing an excellent community. Thanks for everything md_5, the spigot team, and forums staff!

#3 AlexM850, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Congrats on the donations!
    The medals are a great idea! Makes we want to donate more ;)
    Glad to support spigot :D Keep up the great work!

5. joehot200

Supporter

That is very true, might donate $10 for a redstone rank now. Every little helps.
    Don't hold me to the above though, money has been a bit tight. Maybe in a few weeks :p

But yes the ranks really does get more people wanting to donate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sway

Artist Supporter

Was always more than happy to contribute to spigot in any way possible. I will continue to chip in whatever money i can spare monthly. Keep up the good work md_5 <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

I love you Spigot :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I definitely want to contribute soon :) It might sound stupid, but can you make the ranks more shiny? I like shiny. They just seem a bit dull as they are. Of course it doesn't matter all too much-just a suggestion :D

EDIT: ooooooo purple! I like purple!

9. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

Besides a few questions, things seem to be looking good.

10. > Misc Expenses

A.K.A. More beer for md_5 to keep his sanity while coding. hue. ;)

Great work team, keep it up! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Z750

IRC Staff

Great to see the Spigot community come together to help support the project.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

*me watches over Z750*

13. libraryaddict

Patron

I thought we were purchasing ranks

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Or his favorite food(cat food).

15. AlexM850

Patron

pls i thot i bought op. dont i get op on the sarvar and forums thats wat i paid for. im telling my parents and charging money back worst sarvar ever.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sway

Artist Supporter

Can i ban people now? =DDDDDDDDD

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

Can I has the "Spigot Minecon Booth Person Guy" badge?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mikgreg

Supporter

I liked it better when that said administrators :C

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. A spigot shirt? Soo buying.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.