Minecraft 1.11.2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAS

WAS

Errr... It's a bit big after years of adding to that log file. I'll back it run it again.

Update: So what I did was just copied everything except BuildTools.jar to a backup folder and ran again... and what do ya know... spigot-api-1.11.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT-shaded.jar JAR file.

So I think it may have been just years of using the same file tree with new BuildTools.jar that did something.

#141 WAS, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Thanks you :D i am waiting

3. Cool Good job
    keep it up

4. Once more plugins are created for 1.11.2 it will be awesome.

5. Meh, I hate 1.11.2. It's too new

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

thats like the worst reason to hate stuff.
    do you also hate win10 because it is too new? or android 7? or the new iPhone? or whatever new stuff comes out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hell no. I am fine with Win 10, I just prefer Win 8.1 (or for that matter, Linux). 1.11.2 just doesn't suit me

8. Thank you! Fantastic :D

9. Spigot updates so fast!
    The plugins you need do not.

10. I'd imagine that plugin-dev kind of have to wait for spigot to update before they can update their stuff.
    Many plugin will run on newer versions without or with negligible issues anyways.

That said I am very happy with the fast updates :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. So, I seem to be doing something very wrong here, any advise would be appreciated

My server is located in /Documents/Server
    My buildtools is in /Documents/New Folder

I've run the buildtools, it's updated, and new .jars for Spigot and Bukkit are the /New Folder directory.

Now I'm assuming I'd need to then copy those new .jars into my /Documents/Server folder and overwrite the old ones, yeah? I just ask because the instructions wiki says you run buildtools twice, then you're done, and I'm most certainly not done yet as my server is still not updated.

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious here |:

12. MiniDigger

Supporter

Yeah, you are right. BuildTools is the tool that does stuff and outputs the spigot.jar.you then need to copy that to your server folder and run it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Fanstastic! -benzóico.

14. I love how spigot is always one step ahead to update good job as 1.12 I believe is still in snapshot;o

15. What? Explain what you mean?

16. I know that you miss bukkit @md_5. Bukkit will ALWAYS be what I use as long as there are updates (which there is). Bukkit will always be better, no matter what you do to spigot, I will never use spigot for my servers, only bukkit. sorry for "Bukkit Rage". Just sad that bukkit official was taken down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Why do you like Bukkit? Spigot offers more support and has better performance.

18. md_5

Administrator Developer

You do realise we (Spigot) are the ones that made Bukkit 1.8/1.9/1.10/1.11, right?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.