Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

No, it works exactly the same as before, just results are displayed without hitting tab.
    A lot of plugins don't have command completion of any sort, but if you go on play.spigotmc.org /version at least will suggest plugin names.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. ive been wanting to do command completion for my private plugin...im just lazy xD, maybe when i switch from BukkitCommand to my own thing since i could add an easier way to do command completion, unless it's easier than i think when you're using BukkitCommand?

3. Right, thank you for clarifying. Is there any API in place (hard to check being on mobile) for the command system. So we could show our own thing on screen?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. How does that affect the tab spam protection setting in spigot.yml?

5. MiniDigger

Supporter

Just use aikars command lib, he will add proper bridagier support (and its overall a really nice lib)
    If I understood the new system correctly, the server sends most of the static completions to the client when it connects, so most of the time there is no packet for tab completion, only for some dynamic completions and that should be able to be limited with that setting. But overall traffic should go down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

Specifically which setting? The spam throttle is there, just less sensitive.
    If you’re talking about the tab-complete setting, then that works exactly as before.
    Its the same API as 1.12. Instead of cycling through a list of options, it just automatically presents a context menu that can be tabbed through or moused over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. oooo, things i could make use of...but am too lazy to do so xD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. MiniDigger

Supporter

Nice to see that you added support for tags, even tho you said in irc that you didn't see a use case. One thing that I see missing that could be useful is getting a list of all tags. I didn't look to closely at the vanilla code yet, but I would guess that such a list exist in vanilla (well, two since they split tags up in items and blocks) so it should be possible to expose that list to bukkit (like Bukkit.getTags or Bukkit.getTags(registry))

Another thing I noticed is that fallingblocks are missing a method that returns blockdata, you removed deprecated and added new methods for ender man or minecarts, but forgot to add a new method to falling blocks.

#28 MiniDigger, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. Maximvdw

Benefactor

So, for older plugins that do not use new materials they will be modified and saved, or just modified upon loading (non persistent)

edit: nm, guess the changes are not on the plugin side

#29 Maximvdw, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

And what are the performance implications of that?

11. MiniDigger

Supporter

My guess is that the server will, when loading a plugin that is confirmed to use pre 1.13 material values, transform references to old material instances to have the legacy prefix.

12. Thumbs up!

13. Ohh, so instead of the annoying white:
    "player1, player2, player3" etc

it shows as a context menu for the tab?

14. Wow excited to make use of this

15. MiniDigger

Supporter

Go into a snapshot and use some vanilla commands, you will notice what he is talking about.

16. This is 'lit':
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Wow! Great work md_5

18. It already supports the Snapshot 18W01A so they will add it ;)

19. Thanks for hard works. But I have a question, in the new command suggestion, how to disable the private commands?

20. md_5

Administrator Developer

As long as the command has permissions defined they will be hidden