Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Um do you guys do the skins for minecraft cause for some reason the skins for older versions of minecraft no one has a skin that they have uploaded.

2. MiniDigger

Supporter

Mojang retired the legacy skin api. Everything that used this API doesn't work anymore. The API was replaced like 4 years ago.

3. Oh it was I didnt know that and who was the replacement for Legacy api?

4. Follow this process. Or stop using horribly outdated versions of the game (which are also not supported).

5. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

"I don't even remember when UUIDs were first introduced, but it was at least 3 years ago;"
    Minecraft 1.7.6, April 9th, 2014 :) Nearly 4 years ago

Also, @Janmm14, "Deprecation before removal would've been a good option here.". Are you talking about the 4 year grace period they gave in which they provided a new API to use? They gave plenty of time. You're just as bad as the people complaining about API breaks in Spigot 1.13 to do with the numerical IDs which were deprecated for, again, 4 years.

6. When the test server will be updated to 18w07b?

7. MiniDigger

Supporter

When spigot will be updated to 18w07b.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thats the thing my laptop cant run the newer versions of mincraft due to my laptop having a outdated graphics card other wise I'd play the newer versions well 1.7.10 is the highest I'd go. Cause the new fighting system is stupid as hell and makes the game harder to play. So I gave up on the new version due to that reason and to be honest the new stuff they add in is starting to look like they are trying to just add in mods that at what have in the game now.

9. SlimeDog

Benefactor

There are plenty of plugins that overlay current Spigot with older fighting systems. Just saying.

10. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

Yes... you know what else was added in that was previously part of a mod?
    • Pistons
    • Horses
    • Smooth lighting graphics options
    • The region file format itself
    In fact, Mojang even attempted to purchase Optifine way back in the day if I'm not mistaken, but the author declined. Taking inspiration from mods is not uncommon for Minecraft let alone any game. You're acting as though that's a bad thing. If Mojang were so close minded to not take inspiration from their more than 100 million player-base, Minecraft would have died out a long time ago because it would have never improved from what it was and people would have gotten bored of it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Surprise: the world goes on, time moves forward, and things change.. this isn't limited to minecraft.

12. Super exicted!! Good job

13. Can you send 18w07a vanilla server link for download? Because 18w07b/c is crashing the game. I need for A.

14. MiniDigger

Supporter

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I know, but since this specific snapshot is not listed under http://launchermeta.mojang.com/mc/game/version_manifest.json and the path to a file on launchermeta contains the hash-value of the file, it's quite difficult to find out the path. The s3 links are easy to find out, and are also mentioned in the minecraft wiki.

16. You can get the JSON via s3 (e.g. http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/18w07a/18w07a.json) and then use that to find the correct other link. This works even if that version is no longer listed in the version manifest. While s3 is still deprecated, it's better to use it to get the relatively light JSON file and then get the canonical link to the server than to download the server directly. Speaking of which, the server is https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game...faadbb7f009fa38a507f62f751dcc56c9b/server.jar.

That said I think it's unlikely that the 07a server will work if 07b or 07c didn't.

17. I got it from the 18w07a.json that I downloaded when 18w07a came out. And I also just downloaded and ran it and it said 18w07a... but I suppose the clipped link here on Spigot does look similar to the 18w07c link so I will forgive you. :)