Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Test server has been updated to an early build of 18w07a.
    Feedback welcome, although a lot of the bugs are probably vanilla.
    You can get to a fresh world with /mvtp aquatic, but note this will be regenerated often

#341 md_5, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Maximvdw

Benefactor

woehoee but isnt it 18w?

3. i have a question when do you do redstone asyncrone?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. MiniDigger

Supporter

redstone can't be done asynchronous. it would be the hell on earth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am really sorry if this has been explained before or is documented somewhere but...

Is the 1.13 preview buildable via BuildTools yet? The --dev seems to generate builds calling themselves 1.12.2.

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

It's not as it's only the API. If you want to build the API, clone the Bukkit repo from stash and run maven.

7. I figured that might have been the case. I will have to give it a go the next time I have some free cycles to work on CityWorld.

I look forward to getting my hands on the new material system. Thanks again for all the great work on Spigot!
    p.s. Not a Bob

8. Why to not save Minecraft ID's just on Spigot side? Well, Mojang side removed this in 1.13. But Spigot! Spigot side can save it

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Why keep em?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SlimeDog

Benefactor

I don't want to update my 3-year-old plugin. Wahhhhhhhh!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. It's weird to type in chat all the letters of needed blocks. In /give, //set, //replace, etc.

Agree, it's easily to type //replace 139 159 instead of //replace cobblestone_wall stained_hardened_clay

And store too, by the way (strings will keep used more memory on disk in Minecraft world saves). Letters is the hell! @md_5, please, do anything

12. So your reason is that you're lazy and would rather have spigot make unofficial item ID's that Im sure would become hell to maintain

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I'm not lazy. It's not this question. It's because it takes more time, no any. Maybe you have a lot of time, but I do many things. "The time is money"

14. Only builders can understand it. It's takes not only my time, it takes time of other people.

15. Umm as far as I know with this update 1.13 will make all spigot material enums match the regular minecraft names just replace a space with a _ this is the future keep up with the times. If you can't understand it's not spigot's problem
    I dont have a lot of time Im in college and have a part-time job so my time is limited.

16. I know. And I said about Spigot can not delete ID's due to Mojang updates. Spigot side can keep it working, let Mojang do what they want

17. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

It's not happening. End of discussion. You've had your grace period, it was 4 years. Update your plugins or stop complaining. Spigot follows Mojang's changes, therefore if you dislike the removal of numerical IDs, complain to them, but until you understand the implications of having numerical IDs, you have no right to complain at all

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Give me a good reason, other than following the updates of Mojangs for ID changes, and I’ll respect your point, and understand it more clearly.

19. There is no point and it would be hell to maintain

20. Removing ID's is for the best. Just think about it, looking at a config and seeing it match exactly to the in-game item!