Minecraft 1.13: API Preview 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jan 14, 2018.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Sounds like that behaviour is client side.
    The prefix/suffix are just inserted either side of whatever the normal display name set in the scoreboard is

2. *submits bug report to developers of Javadocs*

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. While you're fixing; I spotted: compatability > compatibility in NamespacedKey.java

Attached Files:

4. Maximvdw

Benefactor

If it really bothers you that much just use Material.valueOf depending on the version. Minecraft now calls it "wooden_hoe" so it makes
    sense to follow that change

5. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

To be quite honest, there are so many typos in the Bukkit Javadocs that I've even considered going through every single Javadoc, resolving all typos and creating a PR. I may consider doing that as soon as the preview branch is merged.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maximvdw

Benefactor

a PR like that would be lit

HEHEHE

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. but it would still be missing a flame emoji :(

8. They could literally just do their own enum/class/fork...whatever..i personally like the renaming..makes more sense with the new names

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maximvdw

Benefactor

a girl and a developer walk into a bar. Says the developer to the girl: "I want a wood hoe"
    Girl: "pardon?"
    Developer: "a wood_hoe"
    Girl: "get out you bastard"
    Developer: "... What have I said wrong?"

#spellingmistakesmatter

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. exactly, i also find it funny that they complain about one simple thing that can be reverted since YOU CAN DO YOUR OWN CHANGES SINCE IT'S OPEN SOURCE

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Fixed

12. It's not that bad, .. from the 100+ files so far that's the first one. Okay, but then the next couple actually .. :
    AdvancementProgress.java "critera" > criteria
    Command/Command.java "successfull" > successful

That said, there's also a few instances of spelling like ConversationFactory.java with both words and code with cancelers with two L in them, while looking it up on dictionary "A" it says it's with one L, while another one says two .. so eh, yeah.. whatever :] (just an example, because i think it's with two L's)
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 23.25.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 23.26.47.png

Do you want me to PM you any that I find? I don't want to spill my blah in this thread.

13. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

I guarantee you there are a load of typos in the Javadocs that are just waiting to be fixed. I notice them rather frequently when looking at Javadocs to find a method for somebody on the forums or in the IRC. I should have really been noting them down but I keep neglecting to do so. I'll just take a global browse of the docs one day soon and PR. Thanks though!

14. MiniDigger

Supporter

imagine if md would use a ide which would highlight spelling errors :D
    (* hides really fast before he gets banned for netbeans hate * )

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. md_5

Administrator Developer

upload_2018-1-15_9-41-55.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  16. still, this requires an update. if a developer does not update their plugin for a bit, it seems stupid that it could be broken just because WOOD_HOE was changed to WOODEN_HOE. Plus, now there is an extra pointless buffer developers now have to make just to make it backwards compatible

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Maximvdw

Benefactor

The 2000+ lines of code that currently bloat the server aren't enough?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. spigot's open source, when the 1.13 update for spigot comes out...revert the changes your self...each time a new spigot version comes out..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Maximvdw

Benefactor

Wooden fork :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. very funny, hell the above is something id do...not to revert the renaming..but remove the personally pointless backwards compatibility however since i plan on doing my own public plugins when spigot 1.13 becomes available...i don't want to have two different spigot versions..one for private plugins and one for public .-.

Edit: I do know one thing though when i start doing my own plugins..i will not support anything below 1.13..

#80 Optic_Fusion1, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1